The Shopify integration is available on the following plans:
Use the Shopify for ActiveCampaign integration to send purchase and abandoned cart data from your Shopify store into your ActiveCampaign account.
In this article:
- This integration is a one-way sync from Shopify to ActiveCampaign
- Contacts synced from this integration will receive the following tag in ActiveCampaign:
- Checkouts, abandoned carts, and "Accepts Marketing" opt-in preferences will sync to your ActiveCampaign account for both logged in customers and guests
- Orders of any status will sync to your ActiveCampaign account as they happen. This includes orders where payment is accepted, pending, failed, and refunded
Connect your Shopify store to your ActiveCampaign account
To connect your Shopify store to ActiveCampaign:
1. From your ActiveCampaign account, click "Settings" (gear icon).
2. The Settings menu will expand. Click the "Integrations" option.
3. The "Connected Integrations" page will open. Click the "Add Integration" button.
4. A modal window will appear. Click the "Shopify" option.
5. Accept the Shopify Terms of Service by clicking the checkbox then clicking the "Accept" button.
6. A "Shopify Integration" modal will appear. Type the Shopify store name into the field provided, then click the "Connect" button.
7. A new tab will open in your browser. Follow the steps to log into your Shopify account.
8. In your Shopify account, you will see a page called "You are about to install ActiveCampaign CX Automation." Click the "Install app" button.
9. You will be redirected back to your ActiveCampaign account. A confirmation modal will appear. Click the "Done" button.
Your Shopify store is now connected to ActiveCampaign and has a "Connected" status on the Settings > Integrations page.
Manage your Shopify integration
Once your Shopify store is connected, you can manage or disconnect the integration at any time.
To access these options:
1. Click "Settings" (gear icon) in your ActiveCampaign account.
2. Click "Integrations."
3. Click the "Shopify" Integration listed on the page. The "Manage" and "Disconnect" options will appear:
Clicking the "Manage" button will present a modal window:
Here you can:
- Configure Abandoned Cart Settings
Determine how long ActiveCampaign should wait after a contact abandons their cart before triggering an automation that uses the "Abandons Cart" trigger. Choose from 1 hour (recommended), 6 hours, 10 hours, or 24 hours.
- Historical sync
Clicking the "Sync Historical Data" button will sync the following data from Shopify into your ActiveCampaign account:
- All contacts in your Shopify account along with any orders that they made
- All contacts in your Shopify account that have not placed any orders with you
- All orders placed by contacts that already exist in your ActiveCampaign account
- Synced historical data will not trigger any automations to run that use the "Makes a purchase" automation trigger.
Clicking the "Disconnect" button will prevent future order and customer data from syncing into your ActiveCampaign account.
Any data already synced from that Shopify store will not be deleted and will remain even after the store has been disconnected.
Data synced from the ActiveCampaign Shopify integration
Learn what Shopify data is synced to your ActiveCampaign account once you enable the integration.
Use Ecommerce segmenting conditions
Ecommerce segmenting conditions will be available in your account once you enable the WooCommerce integration. You can use these conditions to create "If/Else" forks in automations, conditional content in your campaigns, goal conditions in your automations, set up"Split Test"automations, update a deal score or contact score, send targeted campaigns by creating list segments, and more.
Use personalization tags generated from this integration in your campaigns and automation emails. Doing so lets you dynamically display product-specific content in your messaging.
Start an automation when a customer makes a purchase
Use the"Makes a purchase" automation trigger to add contacts to an automation as soon as they purchase an item in your store.
View order information in the Conversations Unified Inbox
If you're using Conversations, agents will see an overview of a known visitor's order history. This information will dynamically appear in the Conversations Unified Inbox whenever a known visitor opens a conversation. Agents can use this information to gain greater context when interacting with a visitor, which will allow for deeper engagement.
Enable site tracking for your Shopify store
See which page in your store contacts are visiting with site tracking.