The Calendar Feed feature allows you to sync your ActiveCampaign tasks with Google Calendar, Apple Calendar, Microsoft Outlook, or any calendar client that supports subscription calendars.
How to create a calendar feed
Calendar feeds can be configured to show the following:
- Tasks attached to deals
- Tasks attached to contacts
- Tasks attached to deals and tasks attached to contacts
- Tasks for task owners (Visible to account admins only)
In this section, we'll show you how to create a calendar feed that you can add to your calendar.
- Click Deals > Calendar on the left menu.
- Click the "Add a New Calendar" button.
- The "Add Calendar" modal will appear. Type the name of the calendar into the field provided.
- Click the "Tasks" dropdown to select the type of tasks you wish to sync to your calendar. You can choose from the following:
- All: Will sync tasks associated with Deals and Contacts
- Deals: Will sync tasks associated with Deals only
- Contacts: Will sync tasks associated with Contacts only
- Select the pipeline(s) for which you want to see tasks. You can select one, several, or all pipelines by clicking the appropriate checkboxes.
- Note: This option only appears if a deal task or "All tasks" is selected
- You will see a "Task Owners" section if you are an Account Admin. Your name will automatically be selected and will be grayed out. This means that this calendar feed will include your tasks. This cannot be changed. In addition, you can check the box next to each name you wish to display tasks for. These tasks will be displayed in your calendar and your tasks.
- Note: If you are not an Account Admin, you will not see the Tasks Owners section.
- Check the "Include Alerts" box if you want task alerts to be sent to you. Any alerts you have created for your tasks will be made as calendar alerts in your calendar client.
- Click the "Add" button.
The calendar feed URL will be listed on the Calendar page in your account.
How to add a calendar feed to your calendar client
Once you have created a calendar feed, you can add it to any calendar client supporting subscription calendars.
- From the Calendar page in your account, copy the calendar URL.
- Paste the calendar URL into your calendar client.
Account admins: Once you have added the Calendar URL to your calendar client, all tasks not marked as complete will display in your calendar.
All other account users: If you are not an account admin, you will only see tasks assigned to you that are not marked as complete.
See these resources for more information on adding a calendar feed to any one of these calendar clients:
If you use a different calendar than the one listed above, you need to consult your calendar app to see if it supports subscription calendars. In addition, each calendar client will have different instructions for adding calendar URLs.
Things to note:
- Any changes made to tasks within your ActiveCampaign account will automatically be reflected in your calendar
- Any changes or deletions of tasks within your calendar will not be reflected in your ActiveCampaign account
- Your calendar client is responsible for the frequency of updates. Any changes made may not show right away
How to edit a calendar feed
The following properties in your calendar feed can be edited at any time:
- Calendar name
- Task type
- Pipelines (Visible if "All" or "Deals" task type is selected)
- Task owners (Visible to account admins only)
- Enable/disable task alert
To edit any of these properties:
- Click "Edit" from the Calendar page in your ActiveCampaign account for the feed you wish to modify.
- The "Edit Calendar" modal will appear. Make your desired changes.
- Click the "Save" button.
Any changes you make will be reflected in your calendar. You don't need to add your calendar URL to your calendar client.