Available on Plus, Professional, and Enterprise plans.
The ActiveCampaign WooCommerce integration lets you send actionable purchase and abandoned cart data directly from a WooCommerce store to your ActiveCampaign account.
You can use this data to send customized follow-up emails to your contacts, trigger automations to run based on abandoned cart data for both logged-in customers and guests, create list segments, configure automation goals, and more.
You need the following to set up and use this integration:
- WooCommerce 3.0 or greater. To upgrade to the most recent version, visit the WooCommerce website
- ActiveCampaign for WooCommerce WordPress plugin 1.2.0
How to set up the WooCommerce Deep Data Integration
To set up the integration, you must authorize the connection in your ActiveCampaign account, then configure the ActiveCampaign for WooCommerce WordPress plugin.
Once both steps are complete, the integration will:
- Sync all checkouts, abandoned carts, and "Accepts marketing" opt-in preferences for logged in customers and guests
- Sync orders of any status for synced contacts as they happen, including orders where payment is accepted, pending, failed, and refunded. These will show up in your ActiveCampaign account as either "Completed" or "Processing"
- Add the following tag to profile records for synced contacts in ActiveCampaign:
This integration will not track refunded or canceled orders.
Step 1: Authorize the connection in your ActiveCampaign account
In this first step, you need to establish and authorize the connection. This connection will also let you sync contact and purchase data to your ActiveCampaign account.
From your ActiveCampaign account:
- Click "Settings" (gear icon) located on the left menu.
- Click the "Integrations" option. The "Connected Integrations" page will open.
- Click the "Add an Integration" button. A modal window will appear.
- Click the WooCommerce option.
- Enter the URL of your WooCommerce website, then click the "Connect" button. We'll redirect you to your WooCommerce store, where you can authorize the connection.
- When finished, click "Done" in the modal.
Step 2: Configure the ActiveCampaign for WooCommerce WordPress plugin
Once you establish the connection, you need to configure the ActiveCampaign for WooCommerce WordPress plugin. You need to log into your WordPress account to complete this portion of the setup. This plugin lets you:
- Sync future abandoned cart data to your ActiveCampaign account. It is not possible to sync previous abandoned cart data
- Set a wait time before triggering any automation that uses the "Abandons Cart" trigger
- Show or hide an "Opt-in" checkbox
- Sync opt-in preference data for both logged-in customers and guests. Once synced, contacts will appear in the appropriate "Has or Has not accepted marketing" segment results.
To configure the plugin:
- Log into your WordPress account.
- Navigate to "Plugins"> "Add New" and search for the ActiveCampaign for WooCommerce plugin.
- Install the plugin.
- Click the "Connection" tab under the ActiveCampaign for WooCommerce Settings and enter your ActiveCampaign API URL and Key.
- Click the "Update Settings" button.
- Click the "Store Settings" tab. Under this tab are two settings for you to configure: Abandoned Cart and Opt-in Checkbox.
- Abandoned Cart - choose how long ActiveCampaign should wait after a contact abandons their cart before triggering an abandoned cart automation. Select the option that works best for you
- Opt-in Checkbox - Configure what text should appear next to the opt-in checkbox and whether that checkbox should be visible and checked by default. Select the option that works best for you
- When finished, click the "Update Settings" button.
Sync historical orders
Available with v1.5.0 of the ActiveCampaign for WooCommerce plugin.
You can perform historical syncs through the WooCommerce WordPress plugin. This sync option will sync the following data from WooCommerce to your ActiveCampaign account:
All contacts in your WooCommerce store who have made a purchase
All contacts in your WooCommerce store who have opted in for marketing updates
This sync also lets you:
- See orders as they sync and which orders failed to sync
- View a progress bar where you can cancel, pause, or reset your sync
The historical sync will not sync previous abandoned cart data. In addition, synced historical data will not trigger any automations to run that use the "Makes a purchase" automation trigger.
To perform this sync:
- Log into your WordPress account.
- Locate the ActiveCampaign for WooCommerce plugin.
- Select "Historical Sync" from the left menu.
- Click the "Start Historical Sync" button.
Once complete, you can locate the sync report under "Last Historical Sync Results."
Sync WooCommerce abandoned cart data
An abandoned cart happens when a customer adds items to their shopping cart then leaves your store before completing their purchase.
This integration syncs abandoned cart data for logged-in customers and guests. It will also create profile records for customers who abandon their cart and do not yet have a record in ActiveCampaign.
To learn more about our Abandoned Cart feature, visit Abanded Cart Deep Data Overview.
WooCommerce data on the contact profile page
Data in the Ecommerce object
When contacts sync through this integration, their order(s), as well as abandoned cart information, will display in an Ecommerce object on their profile page:
Here you can:
- Sort by Ecommerce Activity and Store Name
- View total revenue, total orders, number of products purchased
The Ecommerce object will also display:
- Order number
- Total (order price)
- Order Date and time
- Order status (Completed or Abandoned)
- Store name
Clicking the "Products" button will open the details for that specific order on the right side of your screen.
Here you'll see the following order information:
- Order status
- Order number (this will contain a link that will open the order in WooCommerce)
- Order total
- Order date and time
- Discount code and discount price (if used)
- List of products included in the order
- Image of the product (if available)
- Product name
- Product category (if available)
- Quantity ordered
- Product price
Clicking the Order ID number in "Order Details" will open the order in your connected WooCommerce store.
When a contact abandons a cart or completes a purchase, you'll see an entry for that activity in the contact's activity stream:
Contact fields imported from WooCommerce
Below is a list of fields imported from WooCommerce and the fields they are mapped to in ActiveCampaign:
|WooCommerce Fields||ActiveCampaign Fields|
|Last Name||Last Name|
|Company field under "Customer billing address"||Account|
|Phone field under "Customer billing address"||Phone|
|Product Name||Product Name|
|Product Category||Product Category|
|Product ID||Product ID|
|Order Price||Order Price|
|Order Shipping Method
||Order Shipping Method|
This integration does not display the Opt-in preference field and Product ID fields on contact profile records. However, you can use the advanced search tool to find contacts who opted into marketing through your WooCommerce store or contacts by specific product IDs.
Disconnect your integration
If you want to disconnect the integration then reconnect to troubleshoot an issue, please get in touch with our Support team. Disconnecting then reconnecting your store on your own can result in duplicate data and data sync issues.
To disconnect the integration:
- Go to the Settings > Integrations page in your ActiveCampaign account.
- Click the "Disconnect" button.
Future orders and customer data will not sync to ActiveCampaign. You will not lose any previously synced data.
Use Ecommerce segmenting conditions
Ecommerce segmenting conditions will be available in your account once you enable the WooCommerce integration. Use these conditions to create:
- "If/Else" forks in automations
- Conditional content in your campaigns
- Goal conditions in automations
- "Split Test" automations
- Deal and contact scores
- List segments
- And more!
Add personalization to your emails with Deep Data personalization tags. Doing so lets you dynamically display contact-specific content in your messaging.
Start an automation when a customer makes a purchase
Add a contact to an automation with the "Makes a purchase" automation trigger as soon as they purchase.
Recover abandoned carts
Please read about our Abandoned Cart feature and learn how to start an automation when a customer abandons their cart.
View order information in the Conversations Unified Inbox
If you're using Conversations, agents will see an overview of a known visitor's order history. This information dynamically appears in the Conversations Unified Inbox whenever a conversation is opened with a known visitor. Agents can use this information to gain greater context when interacting with a visitor, which will allow for deeper engagement.