You can set a conversion event to trigger in different ways. You can use “OR” parameters to create a combination of different criteria to trigger a conversion. The different ways that you can trigger an automation are:
- Site Tracking (when a contact visits a key webpage)
- Event Tracking (when the contact triggers a specific API event)
- Manually via Automation (when a contact achieves a goal or crosses through a conversion trigger in an automation)
Create a conversion
- Navigate to Settings > Conversions.
- Click the "Add a new conversion" button.
- An "Add a New Conversion" modal will appear. You will need to complete the following fields:
- Conversion name - Type the name of the conversion into the field provided. This is an internal name. Only you and other users on your ActiveCampaign account will see this name.
- Conversion value and currency - Click the "Conversion Value" dropdown to select a value for the conversion. Click the currency dropdown to select the currency for the value.
- "Apply this conversion to any contacts who triggered this conversion before it was created" checkbox - Clicking this checkbox will apply the conversion to any contacts who met the conversion conditions, prior to you setting the conversion up. This setting is optional.
- "Limit conversions to 1 time per contact" - Clicking this checkbox will limit the number of times the same contact can trigger this conversion. You can change the limit in this statement. To do so, click "1." A modal box will appear. Type the new limit into the modal box. This setting is optional.
- Under "Conversion Triggers," you will use the segment builder to create a trigger(s) for the conversion. While there are three types of conversions to choose from, you can have as many triggers to fit your needs. The Conversion Triggers you can use are:
- URL - With this option, a conversion occurs when a contact visits a webpage you define. This option requires you to install ActiveCampaign Site Tracking on your site. With this option, you can trigger the conversion if a contact goes to a specific URL or a webpage containing specific text in the URL.
- Tracked Event - With this option, a conversion occurs when a contact completes a specific tracked event. This option requires you to set up Event Tracking in your ActiveCampaign account. You will also have the option to click the "Use the provided value for the event" checkbox. Clicking this option means that the event's value will be the conversion's value.
- Click the "Create" button when finished.
The conversion will be listed on the "Conversions" page in your ActiveCampaign account.