- List settings - this notification is set up on a per-list basis and will be sent to any email address you specify. A subscription notification will not be sent if you manually add a contact to your list, upload contacts to your list via CSV import, add contacts to a list using the bulk editor.
- Automations - you can trigger an automation to run when a contact is added to or unsubscribed from any list, even if the contact was added/unsubscribed manually by an account user.
- Go to Lists and click on the dropdown next to the list you wish to receive subscribe and/or unsubscribe notifications for.
- Select "Advanced Settings" from the dropdown menu.
- To receive a subscription notification, add an email address to the "Send subscription notification to" field. You can add multiple email addresses by separating them with a comma.
- To receive a notification when a contact unsubscribes, add an email address to the "Send unsubscribe notification to" field. You can add multiple email addresses by separating them with a comma.
- Click "Save" when finished.
- Go to Automations and click "New Automation."
- Select "Start from Scratch" from the "Create New Automation" modal and click "Continue."
- Select "Subscribes" to trigger your automation to run when a contact is added to your list or select "Unsubscribes" to trigger your automation to run when a contact unsubscribes from your list.
- Select a list name for your trigger or select "Any List."
- Select "Runs once" or "Runs multiple times."
- Click "Add Start."
- In your automation, click the node (+) and select "Notify someone" from sending options.
- Complete the fields located in the "Compose Message" modal.
Note: Make sure to your "To" email address is different than your "From" email address. If they are the same, this will prevent your notification from being received.
If the "To" email address uses the same domain name as your "From" email address, you will need to whitelist our IP ranges to help prevent deliverability issues.
- Click "Ok" when finished.
- When you have finished creating your automation, set it to "Active" by clicking "Active" on the top right of your automation.