With ActiveCampaign, you can add dropdown fields to any inline form you create. Doing so allows contacts to choose a single option from a list of choices presented in a pull-down menu. If you want contacts to be able to select more than one answer, use a multi-select list or checkbox field instead.
Dropdown fields can be added to Inline forms only.
How to add a dropdown field to a form
To add a new dropdown field to your form, follow these steps:
1. Click "Site" on the left menu of your account.
2. Click the "Forms" option on the Site menu.
3. Locate the form you wish to work with, then click the "Edit" button.
4. The form builder will load. All editing and style options will appear in the right pane. Click the "Fields" tab located on the right pane.
5. Click the "My Fields" option under the "Fields" tab.
6. Click the "Add a custom field" button on the bottom of the right pane.
7. An "Add Field" modal will open:
- Type the name of the field into the "Field Name" field
- Click the "Group" dropdown then click the group that this field belongs to. "General" will be selected by default. You can change the group at any time
- Click the "Field Type" dropdown then click the "Dropdown" option
- The modal window will expand, type each option into the fields provided. If you need to add more options, click the "Add an option" button
- When finished, click the "Add" button
8. The new field will be added to the "My Fields" option. It will appear at the bottom of the list. To add this field to your form, drag it to your desired spot.
9. When finished, click the “Integrate" button on the top right of the form builder then click "Save and Exit."