With ActiveCampaign, you can add a CAPTCHA field to any inline form you create. Doing so can help prevent spam bots from submitting your form and adding fake contacts to your account.
The CAPTCHA field can be added to Inline forms only. It is not possible to add this field type to floating bar, floating box, or modal form types.
Add a CAPTCHA field to your form
To add a CAPTCHA field to your form, follow these steps:
- From your ActiveCampaign account, navigate to Website > Forms.
- Click "Edit" for the form you wish to modify.
- The Form Builder will load. All editing and style options will appear in the right pane. Click the "Fields" tab on the right pane then click the "Standard" option.
- Drag the CAPTCHA field to your form.
- When finished, click the "Integrate" button on the top right of the form builder. Then click "Save and Exit."
CAPTCHA stands for Completely Automated Publish Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart. This is a security solution uses a type of challenge-response test to determine if the individual submitting your form is human or a spam bot.
How CAPTCHA works
Individuals are required to pass a test when they submit your form. To do so, they must click the "I'm not a robot" box on your form. They will be presented with a series of square images. They will need to identify the images that contain certain objects. If they are able to complete this task successfully, then a contact record will be created for them in your account.