With ActiveCampaign, you can receive a notification when a contact submits your form.
To avoid deliverability issues with sending and receiving notifications, use a “To” email address that differs from your “From” email address. If your “To” and “From” email addresses use the same domain, for example, “@mycompany.com,” you may need to whitelist our IP ranges to avoid deliverability issues.
Learn more about our Mail Server IP Ranges.
Receive a notification with a Form action
This notification is configured on the form level. A notification will be sent to the email address you specify.
- From your ActiveCampaign account, navigate to Website > Forms.
- Click "Edit" for the form you want to modify.
- The form builder will load. All editing and style options will appear on the right pane. Click the "Options" tab.
- Locate the "Form Action" box, then click the "Add an action" button.
- A modal window will appear. Click the "Action" dropdown then click the "Email Results" option.
- Complete the Email Results fields then click the "Add" button.
Receive a notification from an Automation action
You can trigger an automation to run when a contact submits your form.
If the double opt-in is enabled for your form, you will not receive this notification until the contact confirms their opt-in.
- From your ActiveCampaign account, navigate to Automations.
- Edit or create a new automation.
- Add the "Submits a form" trigger to your automation. A modal window will appear:
- Click the "Select Form" dropdown then click the form you wish you use in your start trigger. Note that you can also select “Any form” if you'd like to receive a notification when any form is submitted
- Select “Runs once” or “Runs multiple times"
- Optional: If you want to further segment contacts entering your automation, click the box next to “Segment the contacts entering this automation” and enter your segment conditions
- Click the “Add Start” button
- Drag the “Notify someone” action to the Automation builder.
- Complete the fields in the “Compose Message” box and click “OK.”
- Click "Active" to turn on your automation.