All contact fields display in emails you receive from the "Email Results" form action and the "Send a notification" automation action. This is because all contact fields are assigned to all lists. This is the default setting for all contact fields.
However, you can specify which custom contact fields will appear in your notifications by changing the list(s) to which they are assigned.
To change the list association of a custom contact field:
- Click "Contacts" > “Lists" on the left menu.
- Click "Fields" under the "Manage" section.
- Under the "Contacts" tab of the Manage Fields page, locate the custom contact field you wish to update.
- Hover your mouse over the field then click the pencil icon that appears on the right side of the screen.
- A modal will open. Click the "Show Advanced" option located at the bottom of the modal.
- Click the checkboxes to select or unselect the list assignment for your field.
- Click the "Save" button when finished.
Once the custom contact field is assigned to a specific list(s):
- The field will only appear in the email notifications described above for contacts who are associated with the selected list(s)
- It will appear on contact records for contacts who are associated with the selected list(s)