You may notice that when you receive a notification from either a form or automation action, all contact fields will display. This is because all contact fields are assigned to all lists. This is the default setting for all contact fields. However, you can specify which custom contact fields will appear in your notifications by changing which list(s) they are assigned to.
To change the list association of a custom contact field:
1. Click “Lists" on the left menu of your account.
2. Click the "Manage Fields" option on the List menu.
3. Click the "Contacts" tab on the Manage Fields page.
4. Locate the field you wish to update. Hover your mouse over the field then click the pencil icon that appears on the right side of the screen.
5. A modal will open. Click the "Show Advanced" option at the bottom of the modal.
6. Click the checkboxes to select or unselect the list assignment for your field.
7. Click the "Save" button when finished.
Once the custom contact field is assigned to a specific list(s), it will only appear on the profile pages for contacts who are associated with that list.