The subscription update form is used to collect updated information from your contacts. This form has list-based permissions, meaning, that it can only be used with contacts that are in a specific list. Contacts can only access this form if they receive an automation email or campaign from you that contains a link to this form. Because this form is inserted into your communications using a personalization tag, contacts will see their information pre-populated into the form fields when they click on your form link.
This form type differs from the subscription form on the forms page in that this is specifically used to gather updated information from your contacts, whereas the regular subscription form is primarily used to collect new subscribers or leads.
In this article, you will learn how to:
To access and modify your subscription update form:
- Go to the “Lists” page and click on the dropdown for the list you want to gather updated information from.
- Select “Advanced Settings.”
- Click on the “Public Pages” tab from the List Settings pop up modal.
- Click “Edit” for “Subscription Updates.”
- Add additional fields to your form by clicking them. You can also create a new field by clicking "Add a new field."
- Click “Save.”
- Under “Theme and Style options,” you can select from 1 of 5 pre-designed themes.
- Under “Confirmation of updates being saved,” you can modify your confirmation message that will appear when a contact submits your subscription update form. To modify the message, click the message and select “Edit.” Add your customized text to the message builder on the left side menu. Then click "Update."
You can also redirect contacts to a URL instead of showing them a message. To do so, click “Redirect to URL instead.”
To insert your subscription form into your email to send to subscribers:
- In your campaign or automation email, click on the area where you want to add the form.
- Select “Personalize” from the modal tool bar.
- From the “Add a personalization” pop up, click “Message” then select “Update Subscription Account Link.”
The personalization tag for this form will be inserted into your campaign.
When a contact clicks on that link, they will go to your form. If they have any pre-existing information for the fields on your form, they will see that information pre-populated. If a contact sees a blank field, then that means they do not have any information for that field.
Once a contact enters their updated information and clicks “Update,” their contact profile page will reflect those changes. The update will also appear under the “Recent Activities” stream: