Labels are keywords that you can create and use to categorize your campaigns. This is especially handy if you have several pages of campaigns and would like to filter them by a label. This makes it easier for you to find information quickly. While similar to folders, labels offer more flexibility as you can assign more than one to a single campaign.
Note: The Campaigns, Automations, and Forms overview pages share the same labels. Any labels created or deleted on the Campaigns page will also be reflected on the Automations and Campaigns overview pages.
This article will cover:
Viewing campaign labels
How to create a campaign label
How to add a label to a campaign
How to remove a label from a campaign
How to filter/locate campaigns by label
How to edit a label
How to delete a label from your account
Any labels you create in your account for campaigns will appear on the left side of the Campaigns overview page:
Here, you will see the name of the label, as well as a number for each label. The number displayed represents the number of campaigns in your account that have that label applied to them. This includes campaigns that are in draft status, that are scheduled to send, and that have already been sent.
Note: Any labels created on the Campaigns overview page will also appear on the Automations and Forms overview pages. Labels will be listed in descending order of creation date. For example, each new label you create will appear at the bottom of this list. It is not possible to reorder labels.
To create a label:
- Go to the Campaigns page.
- Click the plus (+) sign next to “Labels” located on the left side menu.
- A modal pop up will appear. Enter in the name of your label and assign a color. Click “Add Label.”
Your newly created label will now appear on the left side menu under “Labels.”
There are two ways to apply a label to a campaign. Both methods are listed below.
1. Drag the campaign thumbnail to the label
Click the thumbnail image of your campaign and drag it over to your label.
2. Select a label from a dropdown menu
Click the checkbox to the left of the thumbnail then select the label from the top row header.
Once a label is applied to a campaign, it will appear under the campaign name. In addition, the left side menu will display each label and the number of campaigns associated with it.
To filter campaigns by label, click the label name located on the left side menu.
The campaigns overview page will then display all campaigns with that label:
To exit this filter and display all campaigns, click "All Campaigns" located on the top left of your screen.
It is not possible to edit a label from the Campaigns overview page. Modifications to a label must be done from the Automation Overview page. This edit will appear on the Campaigns, Automations, and Forms overview pages. To edit a label, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Automations overview page.
- Locate the label you wish to edit on the left side menu.
- Hover your mouse over the label you wish to edit.
- Click the ellipses:
- Click the “Edit” button:
- Type a new label name into the “Edit label” modal. You can also choose to use a different color for your label by clicking it.
- Click the “Save” button to save your edits.
You can delete a label at any time from your account. Once this label is deleted, it cannot be restored. The label will no longer appear for any campaigns, automations, or forms.
To delete a campaign label from your account:
- Navigate to the Campaigns overview page.
- Locate the label you wish to delete on the left side menu.
- Hover your mouse over the label you wish to delete.
- Click the “Delete” icon.
- A confirmation modal will appear. Click “Delete Label.”