- Connect your list(s) to Twitter: This is a more traditional approach to automatically post your campaign to Twitter once the campaign is sent. This set up is easy to use and you only need a Twitter account. The auto-post message cannot be customized.
- Set up a Zapier connection: This option requires a Zapier account and offers a little more flexibility as the tweet can be customized.
- Go to the “Lists” page and click the dropdown next to the list you want to auto post campaigns to Twitter for.
- Select “Advanced Settings.”
- Toggle “Auto-post campaigns to Twitter” to “On.”
- Click “Login To Twitter.”
- If you are not already logged into your Twitter account, you will be asked to enter your username and password. Click “Authorize App.”
- Click “Save.”
Your list is now connected to your Twitter account. Any campaigns sent to this list will automatically post to your Twitter account.
Set up a Zapier Connection
- Click here to use the "Tweet along with new campaigns on ActiveCampaign" Zap.
- You will be asked to log into your Zapier account if you are not logged in already.
- Follow the steps in Zapier for setting up your ActiveCampaign Trigger. You will be asked to enter your ActiveCampaign API URL and Key if your ActiveCampaign account is not yet connected to Zapier. You can retrieve this information by going to My Settings > Developer in your ActiveCampaign account. Click "Yes, Continue."
- Select the list from the dropdown that the Campaign is being sent to. Then click "Continue."
- Once you have created your trigger, follow the steps in Zapier for setting up your Twitter action. You will be asked to connect your Twitter account and authorize the app.
- Customize your Tweet and choose if Zapier should shorten any links. Click "Continue."
- Once you are done completing the Zapier action, you can name your Zap and turn it “On.”
- When finished, your Zap will be set to "On" and viewable in your Zaps page.
Now every time you send a campaign to the list selected in your Zap, a tweet will be posted to your Twitter account.
For more information on how to create a Zap, please visit Zapier's Getting Started Guide.