With ActiveCampaign, you can trigger an automation to run when a contact opens a one-to-one email. To do so, you'll need to use the "Opens/Reads an Email" trigger. As soon as a contact opens your email, they'll be added to the automation.
Contacts who use the Apple Mail app with iOS 15 with Mail Privacy Protection enabled will be excluded from this trigger option unless they click a link in the email, where an open will be registered. To learn more, visit ActiveCampaign and Apple iOS 15 Mail Privacy Protection.
How to add the "Opens/Reads an Email" trigger to an automation
In the steps below, we'll walk you through on how to add the "Opens/Reads an Email" trigger to an automation. In this example, we'll be creating an automation from scratch.
1. Click "Automations" on the left menu.
2. Click the “Create an automation” button.
3. A modal window will appear. Click the "Start from Scratch" option then click the "Continue" button.
4. A trigger modal window will appear. Click the "Opens/Reads an Email" trigger option.
5. A modal window will appear displaying action options. Click the "When a contact opens a personal email" option.
6. On the next screen, click the "Runs" dropdown. Then click either the “Runs once” or the “Runs Multiple times option.
7. Click the "Add Start" button.
8. Add actions to your automation to complete your workflow.
To learn more about creating automations, visit How to create a new automation from scratch in ActiveCampaign.
To view automation recipes that you can add to your account, visit our Recipes and Apps Marketplace.