The Deals CRM is available on the following plans:
One-to-one emails, or personal emails, are one-off messages that can be sent to the primary contact for a deal, right from the deal record. In addition, these emails can be sent to contacts from the Contacts Overview page and the contact profile page.
In this article, you'll learn how to create and send a one-to-one email to the primary contact on a deal.
1. From the deal record, click the "Send Email" tab located in the task bar at the bottom of the screen.
2. The message composer will open. Enter a subject line and message. Note the bold, italics, and strikethrough styling options on the lower left of the composer. To add bullet points, insert a link, or switch from html to a plain text email, click the more options icon.
3. If you want to use a template for this message, click the “Saved Responses” icon and select which Saved Response you want to use for this communication. Read more about Saved Responses.
4. You can insert a personalization tag in order to add field values from the contact or deal record into your message. To do so, type the percentage symbol (%) in the composer. You’ll be presented with a menu of fields to insert. After selecting the field, you’ll see a blue placeholder with an inserted value.
If any of the personalization tags appear in red, then this means the contact does not have a value for that field. If you try to send a personal email with a tag highlighted in red, you will be asked to add a value for that field before sending your message.
5. To add a lead to an automation when you send the email, or when a lead replies to your email, click the “Automate this email” icon located next to Saved Responses. Choose which automation you wish to add your lead to and select if you want them added when the email is sent or when they reply. Click “Save.”
6. Clicking “From/To Details” will show you the From email address and To email address. The From email address will be the email address associated with the account user and cannot be changed.
7. Once you have finished creating your email, click “Send.”