With Saved Responses, you can create and reuse common messages and responses for your one-to-one emails and keep them organized by category. Saved Responses can be used by anyone who has login access to your account.
In this article:
Creating Saved Response categories
Categories will help keep your Saved Responses organized in your account. For example, you can use categories to group similar Saved Responses together. Note that you don't need to create categories in order to create a Saved Response.
To create a Saved Response category:
1. Click "Settings" in the leftside menu.
2. Click the "Saved Responses" option in the left menu.
3. Click the "Manage Categories" button.
4. Click the "Add Category" button in the Manage Categories modal window.
5. Type the name of the category into the field provided and click "Add."
6. Click the "Done" button.
The category will be available for you to select when creating a Saved Response.
Creating a Saved Response
1. From the Saved Responses page in your account, click the "Add Response" button.
2. The"Add New Saved Response" modal will appear. Type the name of the response in the field provided. Then click the "Category" dropdown to select a category for the response. Note that you can skip the category selection step when creating a saved response. Click "Next."
3. Type a subject line and message in the Saved Response composer.
Note the bold, italics, and strikethrough styling options on the lower left of the composer. To add bullet points, insert a link, remove a link, or switch from html to a plain text email, click the three dots located on the right side of the styling options.
To insert a personalization tag for a contact or deal field, type the percentage symbol (%) into the body of the message. You’ll be presented with a menu of fields you can insert. Note that only customers on a Plus, Professional, or Enterprise plan can use personalization tags for deal fields.
After selecting the field, you’ll see a blue placeholder:
4. When finished, click the "Add" button in the "Add New Saved Response" modal.
The Saved Response will be added to your Saved Responses page and can be used in any one-to-one email.
Using a saved response in a one-to-one email
1. Go to either the contact profile page or a deals page for a contact.
2. Click “Send Email" located in the taskbar.
3. The message composer will open. Click the "Saved Responses" icon.
4. Click the Saved Response you wish to use in your email.
Personalization tags will appear as blue and will populate with values from the contact record:
If any of the personalization tags appear in red, then this means the contact does not have a value for that field. If you try to send a personal email with a tag highlighted in red, you will be asked to add a value for that field before sending your message.
5. Click “Send” to send the email to your contact.