Zapier is an online tool that is used to connect two or more apps to automate workflows.
With this integration, you can connect your ActiveCampaign account with hundreds of other external services by using ActiveCampaign as the “trigger” or “action.”
For example, you can use Zapier to connect a 3rd party landing page service with your ActiveCampaign account so that any new contacts created from that landing page (“trigger”) are automatically added to your ActiveCampaign list (“action”).
Popular ActiveCampaign Zaps
Below is a list of the most popular Zaps used by ActiveCampaign customers. You may want to use these to sync data with apps you use the most with ActiveCampaign. Click any of the Zaps below to follow their setup guides.
Supported ActiveCampaign triggers
A trigger in Zapier is something that happens in an app that you want to be the start of a Zap's workflow.
Supported ActiveCampaign triggers are below.
|New or Updated Custom Object Record
|Triggers when a Custom Object record is created or updated.
|Custom Object Record Deleted
|Triggers when a Custom Object record is deleted in ActiveCampaign.
|Deal Task Completed
|Triggers when a deal task has been completed.
|New or Updated Account
|Triggers when a new account business account is added or an existing account's details are updated.
|New Automation Webhook
|Triggers when an automation sends out webhook data. To add a webhook in ActiveCampaign, navigate to your automations section, add or edit an automation, and create a new "Webhook" action.
|New Campaign Bounce
|Triggers when a contact email address bounces from a sent campaign.
|New Campaign Link Click
|Triggers when a contact clicks a link in a campaign message (will only run once for each unique link).
|New Campaign Open
|Triggers when a contact opens a campaign (will trigger once per contact per campaign).
|New Campaign Starts Sending
|Triggers when a new campaign starts sending.
|New Campaign Unsubscribe
|Triggers when a contact unsubscribes as a result of a campaign email sent to them.
|New Contact Note
|Triggers when a new contact note is added.
|New Contact Task
|Triggers when a new contact task is created.
|New Deal Note
|Triggers when a new deal note is created.
|New Deal Task
|Triggers when a new deal task is created.
|New Deal Added or Updated
|Triggers when a new deal is created or an existing deal is updated.
|New Contact Added to List
|Triggers when a new contact is added to a list.
|Triggers when existing contact details are updated.
|New or Updated Contact
|Triggers when a new contact is added or existing contact's details are updated.
|Tag Added or Removed from Contact
|Triggers when a tag is added or removed from a contact.
Supported ActiveCampaign actions
An action in Zapier is something your Zap does after a trigger occurs.
Supported ActiveCampaign actions are listed below.
|Creates a new account record.
|Updates an account record.
|Create or Update Contact
|Creates a new contact or updates an existing contact.
|Add Contact to Automation
|Adds an existing contact into any automation.
|Remove Contact from Automation
|The contact will be removed from this active automation.
|Creates and sends a new campaign.
|Add Contact to Account
|Adds a contact to an ActiveCampaign account.
|Add Contact Note
|Adds a new contact note.
|Add/Remove Tag from Contact
|Add or remove a tag from a contact.
|Create Contact Task
Creates a contact task.
|Create or Update a Custom Object Record
Creates a new custom object record or updates an existing record.
|Add Secondary Contact to Deal
With a deal ID and a contact ID, set the corresponding contact as a secondary on the deal. Optionally set the role. If the Deal has no Primary contact set, this contact will be set as Primary if you DO NOT select a role.
|Creates a new deal.
|Add Note to Deal
Adds a note to a deal.
|Create Deal Task
Creates a deal task.
Updates an existing deal.
|Subscribe or Unsubscribe Contact from List
Subscribes a contact to a list it is not associated with, or Unsubscribes a contact from a list they are associated with.
|Create Tracked Event
Creates a custom website or application event.
Finds account by name.
Finds a contact by email address or ID.
Finds an existing deal by title or email.
|Find Deal Owner
Looks for a deal and if found, returns the user that owns that deal.
How to set up a Zap
In the example below, we will create a Zap that triggers when a new contact is added to a list in ActiveCampaign. For the action, we will add the contact as a new subscriber to another list in the same ActiveCampaign account.
- Log into your Zapier account and click the “Make a Zap!” button.
- Click the ActiveCampaign option. This will be the trigger for your Zap.
- Click the “New Contact Added to List” option. Then click “Continue.”
- Click "Connect an Account" to connect your ActiveCampaign account.
- A modal pop-up will appear. In the modal pop-up, type or paste your ActiveCampaign API URL and Key into the fields provided. Then click the “Yes, Continue” button.
- The ActiveCampaign API credentials will be added to Zapier. Click the "Continue" button.
- Click the "List" dropdown then click the list you wish to add contacts to. Click the “Continue” button.
- Zapier will prompt you to test the trigger as part of the setup. Click the "Test trigger" button. Once the test is complete, click the "Continue" button.
- For the action, click the ActiveCampaign option.
- Click “Create/Update Contact.” Then click the "Continue" button.
- Click the "Choose Account" dropdown then click your ActiveCampaign account. Click the "Continue" button.
- Click the "List" dropdown then click the list you wish to add contacts to. Next, map fields using the dropdowns provided. Click the "Continue" button when finished.
- Zapier will prompt you to test the action. Click the "Test & Continue" button.
- When finished, click the "Turn on Zap" button.
For more details on creating a Zap, please see Zapier's “Creating a Zap” help document.