Zapier is an online tool that is used to connect two or more apps to automate workflows. With this integration, you can connect your ActiveCampaign account with hundreds of other external services by using ActiveCampaign as the “trigger” or “action.” For example, you can use Zapier to connect a 3rd party landing page service with your ActiveCampaign account so that any new contacts created from that landing page (“trigger”) are automatically added to your ActiveCampaign list (“action”).
You can learn more about Zapier here.
In this article:
Popular ActiveCampaign Zaps
Below is a list of the most popular Zaps used by ActiveCampaign customers. You may want to use these to sync data with apps you use the most with ActiveCampaign. Click any of the Zaps below to follow their setup guides.
Supported ActiveCampaign triggers
A trigger in Zapier is defined as something that happens in an app that you want to be the start of a Zap's workflow.
The following supported ActiveCampaign triggers are:
New Contact Updated
Triggers when an existing contact details are updated.
New Campaign Starts Sending
Triggers when a new campaign starts sending.
New Campaign Unsubscribe
Triggers when a contact unsubscribes as a result of a campaign email sent to them.
New Deal Note
Triggers when a new deal note is created.
New Campaign Open
Triggers when a contact opens a campaign message (will run every time a subscriber opens an email).
New Deal Task
Triggers when a new deal task is created.
New Deal Added or Updated
Triggers when a new deal is created or existing deal is updated.
New Contact Note
Triggers when a new contact note is added.
New Campaign Link Click
Triggers when a contact clicks a link in a campaign message (will only run once for each unique link).
New Campaign Bounce
Triggers when a contact email address bounces from a sent campaign.
New Automation Webhook
Triggers when an automation sends out webhook data. To add a webhook in ActiveCampaign, navigate to your Automations section, add or edit an automation, and create a new "Webhook" action.
New Contact Added or Updated
Triggers when a new contact is added or existing contact's details are updated.
New Contact Added to List
Triggers when a new contact is added to a list.
Supported ActiveCampaign actions
An action in Zapier is defined as something your Zap does after a trigger occurs.
The following supported ActiveCampaign actions are:
Creates and sends a new campaign.
Updates an existing deal, including custom deal fields.
Add Contact Note
Adds new contact note.
Creates a new contact, or updates an existing contact.
Creates a new deal along with any new custom deal fields.
Add Note to Deal
Adds a note to a deal.
Add Contact to Automation
Adds an existing contact into any automation.
Create Tracked Event
Creates a custom website or application event.
How to set up a Zap
In the example below, we will create a Zap that triggers when a new contact is added to a list in ActiveCampaign. For the action, we will add the contact as a new subscriber to another list in the same ActiveCampaign account. (Note, you can already do this with an automation. This is merely to illustrate how Zapier works.)
1. Log into your Zapier account and click the “Make a Zap!” button.
2. Click the ActiveCampaign option. This will be the trigger for your Zap.
3. Click the “New Contact Added to List” option. Then click “Continue.”
4. Click "Connect an Account" to connect your ActiveCampaign account.
5. A modal pop up will appear. In the modal pop up, type or paste your ActiveCampaign API URL and Key into the fields provided. Then click the “Yes, Continue” button.
6. The ActiveCampaign API credentials will be added to Zapier. Click the "Continue" button.
7. Click the "List" dropdown then click the list you wish to add contacts to. Click the “Continue” button.
8. Zapier will prompt you to test the trigger as part of the setup. Click the "Test trigger" button. Once the test is complete, click the "Continue" button.
9. For the action, click the ActiveCampaign option.
10. Click “Create/Update Contact.” Then click the "Continue" button.
11. Click the "Choose Account" dropdown then click your ActiveCampaign account. Click the "Continue" button.
12. Click the "List" dropdown then click the list you wish to add contacts to. Next, map fields using the dropdowns provided. Click the "Continue" button when finished.
13. Zapier will prompt you to test the action. Click the "Test & Continue" button.
14. When finished, click the "Turn on Zap" button.
For more details on creating a Zap, please see Zapier's “Creating a Zap” help document.