Zapier is an online tool that is used to connect two or more apps to automate workflows. With this integration, you can connect your ActiveCampaign account with hundreds of other external services by using ActiveCampaign as the “trigger” or “action.” For example, you can use Zapier to connect a 3rd party landing page service with your ActiveCampaign account so that any new contacts created from that landing page (“trigger”) are automatically added to your ActiveCampaign list (“action”).
You can learn more about Zapier here.
In this article, we will cover the following topics:
Supported ActiveCampaign triggers
A trigger in Zapier is defined as something that happens in an app that you want to be the start of a Zap's workflow.
The following supported ActiveCampaign triggers are:
- New Contact Updated - Triggers when an existing contact details are updated.
- New Campaign Starts Sending - Triggers when a new campaign starts sending.
- New Campaign Unsubscribe - Triggers when a contact unsubscribes as a result of a campaign email sent to them.
- New Deal Note - Triggers when a new deal note is created.
- New Campaign Open - Triggers when a contact opens a campaign message (will run every time a subscriber opens an email).
- New Deal Task - Triggers when a new deal task is created.
- New Deal Added or Updated - Triggers when a new deal is created or existing deal is updated.
- New Contact Note - Triggers when a new contact note is added.
- New Campaign Link Click - Triggers when a contact clicks a link in a campaign message (will only run once for each unique link).
- New Campaign Bounce - Triggers when a contact email address bounces from a sent campaign.
- New Automation Webhook - Triggers when an automation sends out webhook data. To add a webhook in ActiveCampaign, navigate to your Automations section, add or edit an automation, and create a new "Webhook" action.
- New Contact Added or Updated - Triggers when a new contact is added or existing contact's details are updated.
- New Contact Added to List - Triggers when a new contact is added to a list.
Supported ActiveCampaign actions
An action in Zapier is defined as something your Zap does after a trigger occurs.
The following supported ActiveCampaign actions are:
- Create Campaign - Creates and sends a new campaign.
- Update Deal - Updates an existing deal.
- Add Contact Note - Adds new contact note.
- Create/Update Contact - Creates a new contact, or updates an existing contact.
- Create Deal - Creates a new deal.
- Add Note to Deal - Adds a note to a deal.
- Add Contact to Automation - Adds an existing contact into any automation.
- Create Tracked Event - Creates a custom website or application event.
How to set up a Zap
In the example below, we will create a Zap that triggers when a new contact is added to a list in ActiveCampaign. For the action, we will add the contact as a new subscriber to another list in the same ActiveCampaign account. (Note, you can already do this with an automation. This is merely to illustrate how Zapier works.)
Log into your Zapier account and click “Make a Zap!”
Select ActiveCampaign for the trigger.
Choose “New Contact Added to List” by clicking it. Click “Save + Continue.”
Connect your ActiveCampaign account by clicking “Connect an Account.”
In the modal pop up, enter your ActiveCampaign API URL and Key. You can get these from your ActiveCampaign account under My Settings > Developer. Click “Yes, Continue.”
Click “Save + Continue.”
Select the list by clicking on the dropdown. Then click “Continue.”
Click “Fetch & Continue.”
For the action, choose ActiveCampaign for the App.
Select “Create/Update Contact.” Then click “Save + Continue.”
Click “Save + Continue.”
Select the new list to add contacts to and map the email address field. Then click the blue “Continue” button on the bottom right of your screen.
Click “Finish” on the next page.
For more details on creating a Zap, please see Zapier's “Creating a Zap” help document.