To display a list of countries or US states in a dropdown field:
1. Click "Lists" on the left menu of your account.
2. Click the "Manage Fields" option on the Lists menu.
3. Click the "Contacts" tab on the "My Fields" page.
4. Click the "Add Field" button.
5. An "Add Field" modal will open:
- Type the name of the field into the field provided
- Click the "Group" dropdown and click the group that the field should belong to
- Click the "Field Type" dropdown then click the "Dropdown" option. The modal window will expand where you can list options for the dropdown field. Skip this part for now
- Click the "Add" button
6. On the "My Fields" page, locate the field you just created. Hover your mouse over this field then click the pencil icon that appears on the right side of the screen.
7. The "Customize the Field Options" modal will open. Click the "Show Advanced" option at the bottom of the modal.
8. To show a list of countries in the dropdown field, click the "Countries" option. To show a list of US states in your dropdown field, click the "US States" option.
9. A list of countries or US states will appear, depending on what you selected. Click the "X" to remove Options 1-3 (these are empty options) and any other country or state you would like to remove from this list.
10. Click the "Save" button located at the bottom of the modal.