OptimizePress is a Wordpress landing page platform. This integration, enabled by OptimizePress, adds contacts into your ActiveCampaign account when an OptimizePress form is submitted.
There are two different integration methods you can use:
- Send your contacts into an ActiveCampaign list when they submit an OptimizePress form
- Paste your ActiveCampaign form code into an element on your OptimizePress page
To get started with either integration method, you will need the following:
- An ActiveCampaign account
- A Wordpress site
- OptimizePress plugin installed on your Wordpress site
Send your contacts into ActiveCampaign when they submit an OptimizePress form
This option sends contacts to an ActiveCampaign form and adds them to your list. Once the contact is added to your account, their activity stream will show them as being added to your account through your ActiveCampaign form and not “via API.”
While this option uses the OptimizePress form design, you are still able to use the "Submits a form" automation trigger. You are also limited to using the following fields: Email address, First Name, Last Name, Phone, Organization, Tags.
To set up the integration, follow the steps below:
- Log into your ActiveCampaign account and navigate to the Lists page to create a list if you have not yet created one. Contacts who submit your OptimizePress form will be added to this list.
- Navigate to the Forms page in your account and create an inline form. Custom fields and fields such as CAPTCHA cannot be added to this form.
- Click the "Options" tab for your form, and under "Form action," select the list you created in step 1 and choose to either use a single opt-in or a double opt-in.
- Click “Integrate” on the top right of your form to save your form:
- Make note of the form ID as it appears in your URL bar on the “Integrate Your Form” page. For example, the ID for my form is “28.”
- Click “Save & Exit” on the top right of your form.
- Fetch your ActiveCampaign API URL and Key.
- Open a new tab or window and log into your OptimizePress account. Paste your ActiveCampaign API URL and Key into your OptimizePress plugin in Wordpress (under Email and Marketing Campaigns > ActiveCampaign). Scroll down and click “Save Settings.”
- Navigate to your OptimizePress landing page to open the LiveEditor.
- Hover your mouse over the call to action and click the pencil icon.
- A OverlayOptimizer Content modal will open where you can edit your element. Hover your mouse over the form and click the pencil icon again.
- A new modal will open where you will edit the opt-in form:
- Select ActiveCampaign from the “Integration Type” dropdown.
- Select a list from the “Provider List” dropdown:
- Enter your Form ID number into the Subscription Form ID field (required) and your thank you page URL (optional) in the appropriate fields.
- Choose First Name from the dropdown list and add the order number where you want the field to appear on the form:
- Click “Add New” to add extra fields as shown below. These fields can only be added to your OptimizePress form if they were added to your ActiveCampaign form. Custom fields cannot be used.
- For each new field you add, make sure to give them a label in the text field and list the order in which the fields should appear. You can make any of those extra fields required or hidden by clicking on the checkbox next to either option:
- Click “Insert” in the opt in form editor then click “Update” in the OverlayOptimizer.
- Click “Save and Close” to save your page.
- Your OverlayOptimizer Content modal should look something like this:
When a contact submits your form, you will see the ActiveCampaign form submission in the contact’s activity stream:
For more information on this integration method, click here.
Back to top.
Paste your ActiveCampaign form code into an OptimizePress page
With this option, you are pasting ActiveCampaign form embed code into an element on your OptimizePress landing page. This option does not leverage OptimizePress form design—it uses the ActiveCampaign form design instead. Once a contact submits your ActiveCampaign form, they will be added to your ActiveCampaign account; the activity stream will show that they were added via your ActiveCampaign form and not the API.
You do not need to add your ActiveCampaign API credentials to OptimizePress with this method. In addition, you can use the "Submits a form" automation trigger and use custom fields, such as CAPTCA.
To set up the integration, follow the steps below:
- Create a form in ActiveCampaign and add your desired fields.
- Click “Integrate” on the top right of your page:
- Open a new tab or window and log into your Wordpress account.
- Navigate to your OptimizePress landing page and click Live Editor.
- Click “Add Element.”
- An “Insert an Element” modal will appear. Select “Custom HTML/Shortcode” by clicking it.
- Paste your form code into the Content Box and click "Insert":
Your ActiveCampaign form will now appear on your page:
When a contact submits your ActiveCampaign form, they will be added to your ActiveCampaign account. You will see the ActiveCampaign form submission in the contact’s activity stream: