This integration is available on all plan levels.
With ActiveCampaign's Zendesk Support integration, you can connect your Zendesk Support account to your ActiveCampaign account. Doing so will sync contacts and their ticket information to ActiveCampaign whenever a ticket event occurs. This is a one-way sync from Zendesk Support to ActiveCampaign.
In this article:
How the Zendesk Support integration works
After you configure the integration, ticket data and the ticket requestor will sync to ActiveCampaign. This sync occurs when a new ticket is created or updated.
In addition, you will see two new Zendesk Support-related automation triggers and be able to personalize automation emails with ticket information.
What to expect with the sync
When we sync data from Zendesk, we'll create a contact profile record for the ticket requestor in your ActiveCampaign account if one does not exist.
The contact profile record will then contain a Zendesk Ticket custom object. This custom object will display all tickets for the contact from that point forward.
Each ticket in this object will have the Status, Ticket ID, Priority, Type, and Updated At fields.
The information displayed in these fields is for informational purposes only. It is not possible to edit these fields from your ActiveCampaign account.
Tags added to contacts
As contacts sync from the Zendesk Support integration, the following tag will appear on their contact record:
Zendesk Support custom object automation triggers
The automations trigger modal will contain two new custom object triggers:
- Zendesk Support Ticket Created
Ticket requestors are pulled into the automation when a new Zendesk ticket is created.
- Zendesk Support Ticket Updated
Ticket requestors are pulled into the automation when a synced Zendesk ticket is updated.
These two triggers are located under the "Objects" section of the trigger modal.
There are some constraints to keep in mind when using these two triggers:
- You can only use one trigger for your automation
This only applies if you're using a custom object trigger. As a reminder, the ticket information we're syncing is a custom object from Zendesk Support.
- You can only use one filter for your automation trigger
This only applies if you're using a custom object trigger. The fields and values you can segment are from the Zendesk ticket.
Zendesk ticket field data will not be available in the floating segment builder. This means you cannot use this data to create list segments, advanced searches, conditional content, goals, If/Else automation forks, or lead scores.
Once the integration is configured, you can use the Ticket custom object fields to personalize any email campaign sent from an automation. These personalization options are located under the "Custom Objects" section in the "Add a Personalization" modal.
These fields are not available to use in one-to-one emails or campaigns sent from the Campaigns tab in your ActiveCampaign account.
The Ticket custom object fields you can use to personalize emails include:
- Zendesk Support Ticket: Status
- Zendesk Support Ticket: Ticket ID
- Zendesk Support Ticket: Priority
- Zendesk Support Ticket: Type
- Zendesk Support Ticket: Updated At
- Zendesk Support Ticket: Assignee ID
- Zendesk Support Ticket: Brand ID
- Zendesk Support Ticket: Created At
- Zendesk Support Ticket: Ticket Description
- Zendesk Support Ticket: Due At
- Zendesk Support Ticket: External ID
- Zendesk Support Ticket: Forum Topic ID
- Zendesk Support Ticket: Group ID
- Zendesk Support Ticket: Organization ID
- Zendesk Support Ticket: Problem ID
- Zendesk Support Ticket: Raw Subject
- Zendesk Support Ticket: Recipient
- Zendesk Support Ticket: Requestor ID
- Zendesk Support Ticket: Ticket Subject
- Zendesk Support Ticket: Submitter ID
- Zendesk Support Ticket: Ticket Forum ID
- Zendesk Support Ticket: URL
Learn how to personalize your emails.
Connect Zendesk Support to ActiveCampaign
This set up includes mapping Zendesk Support object fields to ActiveCampaign contact fields. Make sure you have corresponding ActiveCampaign contact fields created in your account before setting up this integration.
1. From your ActiveCampaign account, click "Apps."
2. Type "Zendesk Support" into the search bar, then click the Zendesk Support option.
3. The Zendesk Support apps page wil load.
4. Click the "Add an account" button.
5. A modal window will appear:
- Type or paste your Zendesk Support account subdomain into the field provided
- Click the "Connect" button
6. If you’re already signed in to your Zendesk Support account, you’ll be directed to an authorization page. Click the “Accept” button to continue.
If you are not signed in to your Zendesk Support account, you’ll be prompted to log in then authorize the connection.
7. The modal will show a "Review Events" step. This step is for informational purposes only. It shows you that your ActiveCampaign account will receive a ticket's data from Zendesk when a ticket is created or updated. Click the "Continue" button.
8. Next, the modal will show a "Zendesk Support Objects" step. This step is for informational purposes only. It shows you that a Zendesk Support Ticket object will be created and all of the fields that we'll populate for that object. Click the "Continue" button.
9. The last step for this modal is "Field Mapping." Use the dropdowns to map Zendesk user fields to ActiveCampaign contact fields. You can map as many or as few fields as you like. Click the "Finish" button.
The Zendesk Support Apps page will appear and display the connected Zendesk Support account.
Legacy instructions: ActiveCampaign Zendesk App
This integration lets you sync Zendesk end-users (your leads and customers) to ActiveCampaign as contacts. Once installed, the app will appear on every ticket page in Zendesk. You will be able add/update Zendesk end-user details into ActiveCampaign with one click from any ticket page.
Click the link below to expand instructions
- ActiveCampaign account
- Zendesk account
- ActiveCampaign Zendesk app
1. In your ActiveCampaign account, click “Lists” from the left navigation menu and click “Add New List.”
2. Name the list “Zendesk” and complete the rest of the information in the modal pop up. Click “Create List.”
3. Then click the "Apps" icon from the left navigation menu.
4. Locate Zendesk and click on it to select it.
5. You will be redirected to the Zendesk apps page in your ActiveCampaign account. Under the section called, “Add the app in Zendesk,” map the Zendesk Field to the contact field and click “Save Field Mapping” when finished.
6. Open a new window or tab and log into your Zendesk account.
7. Navigate to the Application Directory by clicking the Admin cog on the left side menu, then click “Marketplace."
8. Locate the ActiveCampaign app and install the application by clicking the “Install” button:
9. Select your account from the dropdown and click "Install."
10. Fill in your API credentials in the “Installation” box:
11. Once installed, you will see the ActiveCampaign app on the right sidebar for each ticket page.
12. Clicking the “Sync” button will send the Zendesk requestor information into ActiveCampaign.
The contact will be added to your account: