Note that this video features ActiveCampaign's previous navigation. We are working hard to update this. In the meantime, you can learn more about navigating your ActiveCampaign account.
A link action is an automated action that is triggered when a contact clicks a link in a campaign or automation email. The types of link actions available are:
- Add tags
- Remove tags
- Subscribe to list
- Unsubscribe from list
- Add to automation
- End automation
The link action is easily created within the communication itself via the “Add a link” modal, whereas in the past, a separate automation would need to be created in order to perform these actions.
Link actions cannot be used with one-to-one emails.
To create a link action:
1. Open your campaign or automation email.
2. Select the link in your email by clicking it. Then click the link icon.
3. The “Add a link” modal pop up will open where you can change your URL or add an action. To add an action, click “Add An Action.”
4. Select your preferred action from the action dropdown list by clicking it.
5. Define a value for that action. For example, if you are choosing to tag contacts when they click your link, you will need to enter the tag into the link action. When finished, click "OK."
You can add more than one action to a single link!
For example, you can add multiple tags and add a contact to an automation. Please note that if you are using the same URL more than once in your communication, the link actions will be the same for each instance of that same URL. It is not possible to create different link actions for a URL that is used more than once in your email.
6. On the Campaign Summary page for your email, ensure that link tracking is On (this should be enabled by default).