To enable reply tracking for automation emails:
- Click “Automations” from the top menu and click “Edit” for the automation containing the message you wish to track.
- Hover your mouse over the automation email and click the “Edit” icon.
- Click “Next” located on the top right of your screen.
- Under “Options,” toggle reply tracking to “On.”
- Click “OK” in the pop up window to enable the reply tracking feature.
- Click “Finish” located on the top right of your screen.
Once a contact replies to your automation email, it will be automatically tracked by us and forwarded to you.
Note: The “Reply To” email address for your email will be changed in order for this feature to work properly. The reply to email will look similar to "email@example.com". Your “From” email address will not be changed. All important replies will then be forwarded to your From email address.
If reply tracking is enabled, we will immediately log all replies sent to that campaign. We will then instantly forward you the reply exactly how we received it with the following exceptions:
- If it is found to be an “out of office” or “away” message we will not forward it to you
- If it is found to be spam (with a 99% chance) we log it and will not forward it to you
- If it is found to be a “my email has changed” type of email we automatically update the subscriber’s email and will not forward it to you
- If it is found to be a human verification/challenge email we log it and will not forward it to you
- If it is found to be an “unsubscribe me” type of email we unsubscribe the subscriber and will not forward it to you
To see a list of contacts who replied to your automation email:
- Click on “Reports” from the top menu.
- Click "Automation" located on the left side menu.
- Click on the automation name.
- Click on the email.
- Click "Replies" located on the left side menu.
- To view an individual reply from this report, click “Forwarded (view reply).”
- A modal will will open where you can see the contact's reply to your email.
You can also see the contact's reply on their contact profile page under “Recent Activities.”
For more information on Reply Tracking, check out this help document.