OnePage CRM is a web-based sales management system. This integration uses our automatic importer and will add contacts from OnePageCRM into ActiveCampaign.
To get started with this integration, you’ll need:
- ActiveCampaign account
- OnePageCRM account
To learn more about this integration, check out this video from OnePage CRM.
Set up the OnePageCRM integration
This integration requires installing ActiveCampaign in OnePageCRM and then enabling the OnePageCRM automatic import in ActiveCampaign.
Please follow the instructions below to set up this integration:
Log into your OnePageCRM account and navigate to the Apps>Integrations page.
- Click on ActiveCampaign under Communication Apps and install the app.
- In the Configuration tab, enter your ActiveCampaign account name then click "Save."
- Open a new tab or window in your browser and log into your ActiveCampaign account.
- Click "Contacts" on the left menu, then click the "Import" button.
- Locate the “OnePageCRM” external service and click on it.
- The OnePageCRM modal will appear. Click “Next” to proceed with the setup.
- A new window will pop up. Enter your OnePageCRM login credentials and click “Log In.”
- Click “Allow” to give ActiveCampaign access to your OnePageCRM account.
- Click the list you wish to add contacts to, then click the "Next" button.
- On the next screen, choose your import type (required). You can also choose to apply a filter by selecting an option from the “Saved Filter” dropdown. By choosing a filter, you are narrowing down which contacts will be imported. These saved filters are custom searches created in OnePageCRM.
OnePage CRM is now connected to ActiveCampaign.
Contacts will have the following event in their activity stream once they’re synced:
Fields imported from OnePageCRM
In addition to importing the full name and email address for your contacts, the following fields are added as custom fields in ActiveCampaign:
- Mailing address
- Lead Source