OnePage CRM is a web-based sales management system. This integration uses our automatic importer and will add contacts from OnePageCRM into ActiveCampaign.
To get started with this integration, you’ll need:
- ActiveCampaign account
- OnePageCRM account
Setting up the OnePageCRM integration
This integration requires installing ActiveCampaign in OnePageCRM and then enabling the OnePageCRM automatic import in ActiveCampaign. Please follow the instructions below to set up this integration:
- Log into your OnePageCRM account and navigate to the Apps>Integrations page.
- Select ActiveCampaign by clicking it.
- On the next page, click “Install.”
- Under the “Configuration” tab, enter your ActiveCampaign account name and click “Save.” (For example, your account name would be something like myaccount.activehosted.com. If you're not sure what your account name is, please see this help document.)
- Open a new tab or window and log into your ActiveCampaign account.
- Go to the Contacts Overview page and click “Import.”
- Locate “OnePageCRM” external service and click on it.
- The OnePageCRM modal will appear. Click “Next” to proceed with the set up.
- A new window will pop up. Enter your OnePageCRM login credentials and click “Sign In.”
- Click “Allow.”
- Select the list you want contacts to be added to by clicking it (optional). Click “Next.”
- In the next screen, you’ll need to choose your import type (required). You can also choose to apply a filter by selecting an option from the “Saved Filter” dropdown. By choosing a filter, you are narrowing down which contacts will be imported. These saved filters are custom searches created in OnePageCRM.
OnePage CRM is now connected to ActiveCampaign.
Contacts will have the following event in their activity stream once they’re synced:
Fields imported from OnePageCRM
In addition to importing the full name and email address for your contacts, the following fields are added as custom fields in ActiveCampaign:
- Mailing address
- Lead Source