Sending contact information to a google sheet allows you to store data in one place, making it easy to review information at a glance. You may want to do this in order to keep your own reporting on unsubscribes, or date and time contacts opened your communications.
In order to perform this function, you’ll need a google sheet, a Zapier account, and an ActiveCampaign account. This task also requires that you create a webhook in ActiveCampaign.
We’ll walk you through each step below. For purposes of context, we want to update a google spreadsheet each time a contact in any list clicks on the unsubscribe link in an email.
- In your ActiveCampaign account, click your avatar and click “My Settings.”
- Select “Developer” from the left side menu:
- Click “Manage Webhooks.”
- Click “Add.”
- Open a separate tab or window and log into your Zapier account.
- Click “Make a Zap”
- Select “Webhooks” as your trigger and click “Catch Hook.” Click “Save + Continue.”
- Click “Continue” again.
- Copy the webhook URL to your clipboard.
- Go back to the Webhook page in your ActiveCampaign account.
- Select which list will be associated with this webhook. In this example, we’re going to choose “All Lists.”
- Give your webhook a name and paste the webhook URL generated by Zapier into the URL bar.
- Select which item will trigger your webhook to run. In this example, we’ll choose “Contact Unsubscription” by clicking that option.
- Select where this webhook will run from. In this example, we’re going to choose “by a contact” by clicking it. This webhook will run every time a contact clicks “Unsubscribe.”
- Click “Add.”
- Go back to your Zapier account to finish creating your Zap.
- Click “Ok I did this” in order to test your trigger.
- Click “Continue” to proceed with setting up your action.
- Select Google Sheets from the list of available apps by clicking it:
- Select “Create Spreadsheet row” by clicking it. Then click “Save + Continue.”
- Next you’ll need to connect your Google account with Zapier by clicking “Connect an Account.” Once connected, click “Save + Continue.”
- Select the spreadsheet and worksheet you wish to update by selecting them from the appropriate dropdowns.
- Next, map the fields in your Google Sheet with the fields in your ActiveCampaign account. Click “Continue.”
- Click “Create and Continue” in order to test your Google Sheets connection.
- Click “Finish.”
- Give your Zap a name and click the toggle to turn it on.
For information on how to setup your Google Sheet to work with Zapier, click here.