Connecting your IMAP and Exchange email account to Deals allows you to show any sent or received emails for a contact with a Deal marked as "Open." These emails can be sent from either your ActiveCampaign account, or from your connected email account. To learn more about how to set up this connection, click here.
Listed below are some common issues that can occur when connecting your email account, and our recommendations to troubleshoot the issue.
You are not able to connect your email account
- Make sure to check that you are using the correct password to connect your account. If you’re not sure what your password is, you may need to reset it.
- You have 2-factor authentication enabled. You may need to work with your IT department or email provider to either turn this off or generate an application-specific password.
- Check your ports. Use 587 or 465 for SMTP (sending mail) and 993 for IMAP (receiving mail).
- Your email provider may not support IMAP. You will need to contact your email provider regarding this issue.
Emails you sent to the contact do not appear on that contact’s profile page
- If you sent an email from your connected email account, then moved that email to the trash, it will not appear on the contact’s profile page. To fix this, simply remove the email from your trash bin.
- Check to see if your contact has a deal marked as “Open.” If the contact does not have a deal, or if it is marked as “won” then the email will not appear.
Emails received from the contact do not appear on that contact’s profile page