A custom email header is an invisible header that will be included in every campaign and automation email you create. It is a piece of information that appears on the source of an email. This header is not visible to your contacts, and can be used for internal verification, tracking contacts, bouncing contacts, and more.
For example, let’s say you are sending a campaign to 10,000 internal employees using ActiveCampaign and you have a rule set up on your own email system to identify all messages coming from the ActiveCampaign platform and to sort them accordingly. You would want to create a custom header that includes the following:
Source: ActiveCampaign - %EMAIL%
Then, when you receive an email from ActiveCampaign, your receiving email server can read the custom header and sort the email.
To set up your custom email header:
- Navigate to the Lists page on your account.
- Click the dropdown next to “Manage Fields” and select “Edit Email Headers” by clicking it.
- Enter in the name of your header. This is an internal name and is only for your reference.
- Next, type the the name of the header into the first field. Using the example above, we're going to type Source.
- In the next field, enter the header value. In this example, since we want to identify messages coming from ActiveCampaign, we're going to use the “Insert Personalization Tag” option to select the personalization tag for email address.
- Next select which list this header will apply to by clicking it. When finished, click the “Add” button.
Your custom email header will be listed on the custom email header page:
To add additional headers, simply click the “Add” button and follow the same steps above.
If you would like to read more about email headers and the components of an email, check out this resource.
Note: This is an advanced feature and is available for Enterprise accounts only.