In this article, we’ll show you how you can use a webhook in order to create a list of all contacts with Deal tasks marked as “Complete.” You may want to do this if you wish to later create your own Deal report that lists out the total number of completed tasks per contact.
To get started, you will need the following:
ActiveCampaign account on either the Plus, Professional, or Enterprise plan
Google Sheets (or any other spreadsheet software that integrates with Zapier)
To get started:
- In your ActiveCampaign account, click your avatar and click “My Settings.”
- Select Developer from the left side menu.
- Click “Manage Webhooks.”
- Click “Add.”
- Open a separate tab or window and log into your Zapier account then click "Make a Zap."
- Select Webhooks as your trigger and click “Catch Hook.” Click “Save + Continue.”
- Click “Continue” again.
- Copy the webhook URL to your clipboard by clicking the “Copy to Clipboard” button.
- Go back to the Webhook page in your ActiveCampaign account.
- Select which list will be associated with this webhook. In this example, we’re going to choose “All Lists.”
- Give your webhook a name and paste the webhook URL generated by Zapier into the URL bar.
- Click the Deal Task Completed checkbox to select it.
- Select where this webhook will run from by clicking it. In this example, we’re going to select both “by an admin user” and “By system process.” This webhook will run every time an account user marks a task as complete or when a system process, such as an automation action, marks the task as complete.
- Click the “Add” button.
- Then create a task for a test contact with an open deal and mark it as complete. This step is necessary in order to test your Zapier trigger.
- Go back to Zapier to finish creating your Zap.
- Click “Ok I did this” in order to test your trigger.
- Click “Continue” to proceed with setting up your action.
- Select Google Sheets from the list of available apps by clicking it.
- Select “Create Spreadsheet row” by clicking it. Then click “Save + Continue.”
- Connect your Google Sheets account to Zapier if it’s not connected already. Then click “Save + Continue.”
- Select the spreadsheet and worksheet you wish to update by selecting them from the appropriate dropdowns. Then, map the fields in your Google Sheet with the Contact fields you wish to capture in your ActiveCampaign account. Click “Continue.”
- Test the Zapier action and click “Finish.”
- Give your Zap a name and toggle it to on.
Moving forward, as tasks are marked as complete by users or system process, contacts will be added to your Google Sheet.
Note: Deal Tasks are available for accounts on the Plus, Professional, and Enterprise tiers.