The primary administrator is also the account owner. This user role can access/update billing information, upgrade or downgrade the account, submit account name change requests, and more. While each account can have multiple users in an admin user group, there can only be one primary account administrator.
In order to grant another user primary administrator rights:
- Log into the primary administrator’s account.
- Click on the avatar and select “My Settings.”
- Update the email address in the “Email” field:
- Click the “Save Settings” button located on the bottom of the page.
Please note that once the email address is updated on this page, this will change the login email address for this account. In addition, this will be the default “from” email address used on campaigns, automation emails, and one-to-one emails. If the old primary admin's email address is connected to Deals, you may need to connect the new admin's email address. Click here to learn how.
If the primary account administrator is no longer with your company and the account has not been transferred to a new owner, submit a support ticket and include the following information:
- Account name. For example, “myaccount.activehosted.com”
- Email address of old primary account administrator
- Email address of new primary account admin
- Last 4 digits of the credit card used for billing
- Billing address of the account