The primary administrator is also the account owner. This user role can access/update billing information, upgrade or downgrade the account, submit account name change requests, and more. While each account can have multiple users in an admin user group, there can only be one primary account administrator.
In order to grant another user primary administrator rights:
- Log into the primary administrator’s account.
- Click "Settings.”
- Update the email address in the “Login Email” field.
- Click the “Save Settings” button.
Once the email address is updated on this page:
- The login email address for this account will reflect the new email address
- The default “from” email address used on campaigns, automation emails, and one-to-one emails will reflect the new email address
- If the old primary admin's email address is connected to Deals, you may need to connect the new admin's email address
- You will need to update or delete the previous user account containing the email address for the new primary admin
If the primary account administrator is no longer with your company and the account has not been transferred to a new owner, submit a support ticket and include the following information:
- Account name. For example, “myaccount.activehosted.com.”
- Email address of old primary account administrator.
- Email address of new primary account admin.
- Last 4 digits of the credit card used for billing.
- Billing address of the account.