When an individual account user creates a list, they become the owner for that list by default. In addition, any language they select on their own account settings page will be associated with the list they own.
For example, if a List Owner has selected French in their language settings, all contacts on the list the user owns will see French language on public pages associated with your account (eg, “Unsubscribes” and “Forward to a Friend” pages).
The List Owner can be changed at any time by any user in the Admin group.
To assign a list to a different user:
- From the Lists overview page, click the down caret for the list you wish to assign.
- Click "Advanced Settings" from the list of options.
- Click the List Owner dropdown.
- Click the account user you wish to assign the list to.
- Click the "Save" button.
Updating public pages to match the language of the List Owner
Public pages are pages that contacts can see when they unsubscribe from your list, when they update their subscription preferences via a subscription update form, when they complete a forward to a friend request, or when they click a link you provide to access your campaign archive. These pages are automatically generated for each list you create.
These pages consist of text that can be edited and text that cannot be edited. Text that can be edited may not always reflect the language that the List Owner selected in their account settings. Text that cannot be edited should reflect the langauge that the List Owner selected in their account settings.
An example of this would be the Unsubscribe form where contacts are asked to provide a reason why they wish to unsubscribe.
In this example, the List Owner has selected French for their language in their account settings. When they go to the settings page for the Unsubscribe public page, they can see that the uneditable text is in French, and the editable text is in English:
The List Owner can update the editable text to reflect their preferred language by following these steps:
- From the Lists overview page, click the down caret for the list you wish to work with.
- Click Advanced Settings from the list of options.
- Click the Public Pages tab.
- Click "Edit" for the page you wish to update.
- Hover your mouse over the editable text and click edit to provide your own translated text.