Task assignment is available on the following plans:
Tasks are to-do items created for contacts and/or deals. As you create new tasks, they can be assigned to users on your account. In addition, you can re-assign existing tasks as needed.
In this article, we'll discuss:
How to manually assign a task
When manually creating a new task for a contact or deal, you can assign it to another individual on your team.
If you do not select a user for task assignment, the task will be assigned to you by default.
Things to note:
Deal Tasks can only be assigned to an account user that has permission to access the pipeline that the deal is in. The task assignee does not need to be the deal owner.
Contact Tasks can be assigned to any account user.
The following instructions can be referenced for assigning tasks related to either contacts or deals.
1. When creating the new task, click the person icon located in the Add Task bar.
2. Select the individual user you would like to assign the task to from the user pop up.
Once the task has been assigned to the user of your choice, a confirmation notice will display and show you who the task will be assigned to:
You also have the option to set an alert for this task. This alert is a reminder and will be sent to the task assignee via email. To set this alert, click the bell icon located in the "Add Task" bar and follow the prompts.
Click here for more information on Task Alerts.
Once you've finished creating the task and have clicked the "Add" button, we'll send the task assignee an email to let them know that a task has been assigned to them.
An email notification is only sent if you assign the task to another user.
Once the user receives the email, they can view that specific task, or all tasks assigned to them.
These notification emails cannot be edited or previewed within the application. In addition, the email will come from the email address of the primary admin on the account.
In addition to sending a notification that the task has been assigned, we'll display the task and who it's assigned to in either the Contact Tasks or Deal Tasks box, depending on the task you created:
How to reassign an existing task
You can reassign tasks after they've been created.
Things to note:
Deal Tasks can only be reassigned to an account user that has permission to access the pipeline that the deal is in. The task assignee does not need to be the deal owner.
Contact Tasks can be reassigned to any account user.
To reassign a tast:
1. Open the profile page for the contact that has a task. If this task is related to a deal for that contact, click the Deals tab, then click the deal to open it to view the task.
2. Scroll down the Contact Profile page until you see "Tasks." If you wish to re-assign a Deal Task, scroll to the bottom of the open deal until you see "Deal Tasks."
3. Click the task you wish to reassign.
4. The Task detail view will open to the right.
5. Click the "Assigned to" dropdown and select a new task assignee.
5. Click Save.
The task will be reassigned to the user you selected and they will receive an email notification letting them know that the task has been assigned to them. This email notification is sent immediately after you click the "Save" button.