You can prevent automation emails from being sent on weekends and have them to go out on weekdays instead.
To get started, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Automations overview page and click the “Edit” button for the automation you wish to modify.
- Add a conditional wait step above your send email step. To do this, click the node (+) above the email you wish to send on weekdays only.
- In the “Add new action” modal, click “Conditions and Workflow” then click “Wait.”
- Click the radio button next to the “Until specific conditions are met” option.
- The “Conditions Editor” modal will appear. Click the first dropdown and click “Date & Time.”
- Select either “Current day of the week (Contact’s Timezone)” or “Current day of the week (YOUR TIMEZONE)” by clicking it.
- In the third field, select “Weekday” for that value by clicking it.
- Click the “Save” button:
Now any contact that encounters this conditional wait, will wait until it is the weekday before moving to your “Send email” step.