You can tag contacts when they submit a form. This is useful for keeping track of where your contacts originated from and identifying their interests. For instance, you might tag a contact as having submitted a form on your blog and as interested in the topic of the white paper they requested. You can use this information to send targeted offers and track the performance of the forms you've placed on your site, among other things.
In this article, we'll cover:
How to tag contacts with a Form action
This tag is created on the form level. A tag will be applied to contacts that submit your form and complete the opt-in process. If your form is using a double opt-in, and contacts do not confirm their subscription, the tag will not be applied to them.
To get started:
1. Go to "Forms" from the left navigation menu.
2. Click "Edit" next to your form.
3. Click the “Options” tab.
4. Click “Add Action” under “Form Action.”
5. Click the Action dropdown and click “Add a Tag.”
6. Type the tag into the tag field and click the “Add” button.
How to tag contacts with an Automation action
You can trigger an automation to run when a contact submits your ActiveCampaign form, then add an “Add tag” action to your automation. Only contacts that complete the opt-in process will be added to the automation through the “Submits a Form” trigger. If your form is using a double opt-in and if contacts do not confirm their subscription, they will not enter your automation through that trigger.
To get started:
1. Go to "Automations" from the left navigation menu
2. Click “New Automation” located on the top right of your screen.
3. Select “Start from Scratch” then click “Continue.”
4. Select “Submits a form” from the automation trigger modal and click “Continue.”
5. Select your ActiveCampaign form from the “Select form” dropdown. You can also select “Any form.”
6. Select “Runs once” or “Runs multiple times.”
7. If you want to further segment contacts entering your automation,click the box next to “Segment the contacts entering this automation” and select your segment conditions. This step is optional.
8. Click “Add Start.”
9. The Automation Action modal will automatically appear. Click “Contacts.”
10. Click “Add tag.”
11. Enter the tag you wish to add and click “Save.”