You can move a deal from its current stage to a new stage within the same pipeline, or move a deal from one pipeline to another at a specific stage using the “Update stage” automation action.
To get started:
- From your automation, locate where you would like to place the “Update stage” action.
- Click the node (+).
- From the modal pop up, click “CRM.”
- Click “Update stage” to configure the automation action.
- Click the first dropdown (Select new stage > Pipeline) to select the pipeline that includes the stage you wish to move deals to.
- Click the second dropdown (Select new stage > Stage) to select the stage that you wish to move deals to.
- Click the third dropdown (Affects > Deals) to select which deals for your contact(s) will be affected. This is the deal(s) that will be moved to a new stage.
- Click the fourth dropdown (Pipeline) to select which current pipeline will be affected. This is the pipeline that contains the deal that will be moved to a new stage.
- Click “Save.”
If a contact in your automation encounters this action and has a deal in the pipeline selected in the “Pipeline” dropdown (4th dropdown), their deal will be moved to the stage selected in the “Select New Stage” dropdown.
If a contact in your automation does not have any deal and if they encounter this action, they will skip over this action.
If a contact in your automation has a deal in a pipeline that is different than the one selected in the “Affects Pipeline” dropdown and if they encounter this action, they will skip over this action.