You can connect your IMAP email account to ActiveCampaign to automatically show any sent and received emails that are related to an open deal for any of your contacts.
Setting up the connection
- Click on your avatar on the top right of your screen and select “My Settings.”
- Select “Deals” from the left-side menu.
- Click “Add IMAP Account.”
- A modal window will appear where you will connect your mailbox to your ActiveCampaign account. Enter your information and click “Next Step.”
- On the next screen, you’ll be reminded to log into your IMAP email account. Log into that account on a separate tab or window, then click “Next Step.”
- On the next screen, click “Allow” for offline access. This means that the app will still have access to your account when your device is turned off.
After following each step listed above, your account will be connected. All future and sent emails that relate to an open deal for your contact will be shown in their deals stream. Only emails that are “sent to” and “received from” an email address that relates to a contact with an open deal will be added.
The privacy option located on the Deal settings page allows you to choose if you want other account users to be able to see the emails that are shown for your open deal. If you choose to allow emails to be seen only by yourself, other users will see that an email was sent or received, but they will not see the subject or body of that email.