Our free migration service makes it easy to move to ActiveCampaign from your old email marketing or marketing automation provider.
You never need to worry about losing contacts or automations. When you switch to ActiveCampaign, we help you get up and running fast. We will import your lists, contacts, custom fields, tags and we will recreate opt-in forms, landing pages, automation workflows, and email templates.
Before you migrate contacts into ActiveCampaign, you will first need to export them from your Infusionsoft account. This export needs to be a CSV file that contains each contact's email address and any other valuable information you wish to keep, such as first name, last name, company, etc. This file can also help you determine what automation, campaign, or segments your contacts should belong to in your ActiveCampaign account.
Both platforms refer to a "contact" as one entry containing an email address. In addition, it's not possible to have a contact in ActiveCampaign without an email address.
Export contacts from Infusionsoft
- From Infusionsoft, go to your CRM tab > Contacts.
- You can either select a saved search or search for a new group of contacts. Once you have selected a search, you will see all the contacts that you can export.
- Click the "Actions" dropdown, then select "Export."
- Select the fields you want to include on the export.
- The left column will display several checkboxes. Mark the ones that you want to include on your export. ActiveCampaign uses the email address as the unique identifier for each contact. You won’t need the ID from Infusionsoft, but you can export if you think you will need it.
- Choose how you want to get your CSV file:
- By viewing & downloading on your browser
- Getting it by email
- Click "Process" and then "Ok" to complete the export.
Import contacts into ActiveCampaign
- Click "Contacts" located on the left menu.
- Click the "Import" button.
- Click the "Import from File" button.
- A file browser will appear. Navigate to the file you wish to import and select it.
- Your file will process, and you will be redirected to the import screen. Map the columns in your file to fields in your account by clicking the dropdown for each field.
- If you don't wish to import data from a column, select "Do Not Import this Field"
- To create a new field directly from the import page, click "[Add New Field]" and follow the prompts
- Optional: Click each list that you want to add contacts to. You can add contacts to multiple lists.
- Optional: Type the tags you wish to apply to all contacts once they're imported. As a best practice, you may want to apply a tag that indicates the source of these contacts. That way, you can easily find this group if you need to make any bulk edits to them later.
- Click the "Import Options" dropdown and click the "Import As Active Contact" option.
- Optional: Click the “Update Existing Contacts” box. This will look for a matching email address in your account and add any additional contact data from your file into the contact record.
- Click the "Import Now" button once you're done configuring settings.