While we're sorry to see you go, we also understand that this may not be the right fit or timing for you.
We invite you to contact our award-winning Support Team or set up a free one-on-one session with a member of our Success Team so we can learn more about the issues you are experiencing. This session will help us understand what we need to improve to provide a better product and service.
We hope that we can partner with you again in the future.
Cancel your account
If you are the Primary Admin on your account, you can start the cancellation process from your Billing & Upgrade page.
Note that we may request that you schedule a call with us to successfully offboard your account.
- Click your name on the bottom left of your screen and click "Billing & Upgrade."
- Click the "Update" button located in the payment box.
- Click "Cancel your account and future billing" in the bottom left corner of the modal.
- On the next screen, you will have the option to schedule a free one-on-one session with a member of our Success team.
The purpose of these one-on-one sessions is to ensure a smooth transition process and answer any questions you have before you cancel. If you do not wish to schedule this session, you can click "Yes, Cancel My Account" to proceed with the cancellation process.
If you were working with a Success Manager, you would see their calendar on this page instead.
Here you can choose a date and time to schedule a one-on-one session with them, or you can email them directly about your cancellation.
- On the next page, select a reason for your cancellation. Specifying a reason helps us better understand why you are canceling and what we can do to improve the quality of our product and service.
- Follow the prompts to proceed with the cancellation process.
Cancel trial accounts
If you are on a trial account, you can let it expire. We will not charge you unless you manually upgrade to a paid account.
Cancel resold accounts
If your account is under an ActiveCampaign service provider, you will need to reach out to them for further assistance with the cancellation process.
Pause or unpause your account
If you are the Primary Admin, you can pause and unpause the billing on your account.
When you start the process to pause your account, you will have the option to keep account data for up to a year. You can select this option by clicking the "Please hold my account data for up to a year" box presented during the pausing process. We offer this option so you don't lose any information when you return to your account.
If you leave this box unchecked, all data will be removed from your account. We will not be able to restore this data.
You will have a 5-day grace period to retrieve any data you need from your account. After those five days, you will not be able to use any ActiveCampaign features, including Automations, Deals, and Campaigns. In addition, you will not be able to access any reports or contacts.
When you're ready to return, you will need to unpause your account by re-entering your billing information on the billing and upgrade page. Once you unpause your account, you will regain access to ActiveCampagin features.
You can pause your account once per year. After you unpause your account, you will need to wait at least 12 months before you can pause your account again. It is not possible to pause resold accounts.
Pause your account
- Click your name on the bottom left of your screen, then click "Billing & Upgrade."
- Click "(Cancel)" located in the payment box.
- A "Looking to cancel?" screen will load. Click the "Yes, Cancel My Account" button.
- On the next page, click "I need to pause my billing" from the list of options.
- In the "Why are you looking to pause?" box, type the reason why you need to pause your account
- Under the "When do you plan to resume using the service box?" click the dropdown, then click how long you need to pause your account for
- Click one of the radio buttons to select why you need to pause your account
- Click the "Please hold onto my data for up to a year in case I choose to come back" box.
- This option is under the "Cancel Account" button. Checking this option means that we will keep your data in your account so you can pick up where you left off using your ActiveCampaign account
- If the "Please hold onto my data" box is left unchecked, your data will be removed from our system. We will not be able to restore your data
- Click the "Cancel Account" button.
- A confirmation modal will appear. Click the "OK" button.
A confirmation message will appear stating that your account has been canceled. Your billing information will be removed from your account automatically.
Unpause your account
1. Go to the login page for your ActiveCampaign account.
2. If you are unpausing your account before the 5-day grace period is up, click your name on the bottom left of the screen, then click "Billing & Upgrade."
If you are unpausing your account after the 5-day grace period, you'll automatically be directed to the Billing and Upgrade page.
3. Click the "Update Credit Card" button.
We will reactivate your account.