With ActiveCampaign, you can create a plain-text campaign to send to your list.
- It’s not possible to track opens for plain text emails. Learn how ActiveCampaign tracks email opens
- You can track link clicks with plain text emails. To include a link in a plain text email, you'll need to type the entire URL, including the https:// or http://. For example, https://www.activecampaign.com/. This link cannot be embedded into text. Note that not all email clients or devices may hyperlink your URL when the email is received by your contact
- If you want the look and feel of a plain text email and still track opens and embed your links into text, you will need to create an email using the "Start From Scratch" > "Standard" option
How to create a plain text email
To create a plain-text email:
1. Click "Campaigns" in the left menu.
2. Click the "Create a Campaign" button.
3. Type the name of the campaign into the field provided and select a campaign type by clicking it. When finished, click the "Next" button.
4. Click the list you wish to send the campaign to. Click the "Next" button.
5. The "Design" tab will display a variety of template options. Click the "Start From Scratch" button.
6. A "Choose a Template Type" modal will open. Click the "Text Only" option then click the "Continue" button.
7. A "Sender Details" modal will open. It will display the sender's name and email address.
- To change the sender's name and email address, click the appropriate fields and type in the updated information
- Type the subject line into the field provided
- Click the "Continue" button
8. Create content for your campaign.
- Type the information you wish to include in your email into the composer
- Click the "Next" button when finished
9. The "Campaign Summary" page will open. Here you can review and edit the information about the campaign, such as the subject line, sender information, list, and physical address. You can also schedule the email to send at a later time or test your email.
10. Once everything looks good to go, click the "Send Now" button to send the email right away or click "Save and exit" to come back to the email later.