With ActiveCampaign, you can create a plain-text campaign to send to your list.
- It’s not possible to track opens for plain text emails. Learn how ActiveCampaign tracks email opens
- It's not possible to track replies for plain text emails
- You can track link clicks with plain text emails. To include a link in a plain text email, you'll need to type the entire URL, including the https:// or http://. For example, https://www.activecampaign.com/. This link cannot be embedded into text. Note that not all email clients or devices may hyperlink your URL when the email is received by your contact
- If you want the look and feel of a plain text email and still track opens and embed your links into text, you will need to create an email using the "Start From Scratch" > "Standard" option
How to create a plain text email
To create a plain-text email:
- Click "Campaigns" on the left menu.
- Click the "Create a Campaign" button.
- Type the name of the campaign into the field provided and select a campaign type by clicking it. When finished, click the "Next" button.
- Click the list you wish to send the campaign to. Click the "Next" button.
- Click the "Text Only" button then click "Continue."
- Click the "Start from Scratch" button.
- A Sender Details modal will appear. Type the subject line into the field provided, then click "Continue."
- A "Choose a Template Type" modal will open. Click the "Text Only" option then click the "Continue" button.
- On the next screen, type your campaign content into the composer.
- Click the "Next" button.
- The "Campaign Summary" page will open. Here you can review and edit the information about the campaign, such as the subject line, sender information, list, and physical address. You can also schedule the email to send at a later time or test your email.
- Once everything looks good to go, click the "Send Now" button to send the email right away or click "Save and exit" to come back to the email later.