With ActiveCampaign, you can create a campaign or automation email using your custom HTML.
Note that this option is best for those who want more control over the email design and are comfortable with using HTML.
1. Click "Campaigns" in the left menu.
2. Click the "Create a Campaign" button.
3. Type the name of the campaign into the field provided and select a campaign type by clicking it. When finished, click the "Next" button.
4. Click the list you wish to send the campaign to. Click the "Next" button.
5. The "Design" tab will display a variety of template options. Click the "Start From Scratch" button.
6. A "Choose a Template Type" modal will open. Click the "Custom HTML" option then click the "Continue" button.
7. A "Sender Details" modal will open. It will display the sender's name and email address.
- To change the sender's name and email address, click the appropriate fields and type in the updated information
- Type the subject line into the field provided
- Click the "Continue" button
8. Build your campaign using your own custom HTML by typing it into the HTML editor on the left. The pane on the right will display a preview of your code. Click the "Next" button when finished.
9. The "Campaign Summary" page will open. Here you can review and edit the information about the campaign, such as the subject line, sender information, list, and physical address. You can also schedule the email to send at a later time or test your email.
10. Once everything looks good to go, click the "Send Now" button to send the email right away or click "Save and exit" to come back to the email later.