The Bulk Editor allows you to modify multiple contacts at once rather than one contact at a time.
With the Bulk Editor you can:
- Add and remove tags
- Subscribe and unsubscribe contacts from lists
- Add or remove contacts from automations
- Update fields (Phone, Organization, and any custom fields you've created)
You might use the Bulk Editor to tag contacts who visited a product page of your website or add contacts to a follow-up automation after they clicked a certain link in an email campaign you sent so they can receive targeted follow-up.
Watch a video
How to edit multiple contacts with the Bulk Editor
Note: Any changes made to contacts with the Bulk Editor cannot be canceled or undone.
To edit multiple contacts with the Bulk Editor:
- Click "Contacts"located on the left menu.
- Click the checkbox next to each contact you wish to edit. Note that you can click "Edit All" to select all contacts.
- After selecting the contacts you wish to edit, click the "Edit" button.
- The Bulk Editor tool will open. Under the "Actions" box, click the bulk edit option you wish to use.
- After selecting an edit option, a dropdown menu with a search bar will appear. You can either search for the item you wish to update, or you can select it from the dropdown list. For example, you can select a tag, a list, or automation.
- Confirm the action by clicking the "Apply" button.
- Click the "Apply Changes" button.
- Another confirmation message will appear letting you know that the selected contacts will be edited. Click "OK" to close the window
Depending on the number of contacts being edited, it may take a few minutes for the edits to finish processing. You can continue working in your account while this process completes.
Using the Bulk Editor with advanced search
Advanced search and the Bulk Editor are two tools that you'll use together often. With advanced search, you are able to find very specific groups of contacts. Once you've found the group of contacts you want to modify, simply click “Edit All” to display the bulk editor and apply the desired changes to those contacts.