SamCart offers a powerful integration with ActiveCampaign. As contacts make purchases through Samcart, you'll be able to create new contact records and update existing contacts. You can add contacts to lists, remove them from lists, and apply tags when they make purchases or request refunds. You can have different settings for each product. The tagging functionality is especially useful because you can use these tags to begin product-specific post-purchase automations and treat your contacts differently within automations on the basis of what they have (or haven't) purchased from you.
How to set up the SamCart integration:
To set up this integration, you'll need a SamCart account. If you don't already have one, you can get a free trial account.
Begin by logging into your ActiveCampaign account to retrieve your API key.
1. Click "Settings" near the bottom of the left navigation menu.
2. In the list of options in the left-hand menu, click “Developer:”
3. Copy your API key by clicking it and then pressing Control + C (or Command + C on a Mac).
4. Open a new tab and log into your SamCart account. Click “Settings” in the left-hand menu and then click the “Integrations” tab.
5. Next to “Select Your Email Provider” you'll see a list of email marketing platforms. Click ActiveCampaign to select it and enter your API key. Then switch back to the ActiveCampaign tab to copy your API URL. Paste the URL and then click “Test Credentials” to be sure it is configured correctly. If it is, you'll see a “Status: Connected” message.
6. Now, after you create a product in SamCart, you can click the “Integrations” tab to display options for automated actions SamCart can pass to ActiveCampaign after a purchase:
For example, you could move a contact from your “Prospect” list to your “Customer” list when they make a purchase or tag them with the products they purchased (or requested a refund on).
If you have suggestions for how to improve the integration, or require assistance with setting it up, please contact SamCart: firstname.lastname@example.org