The Task feature is available on the following plans:
Tasks are to-do items created for deals and/or contacts.
In this article, we'll take you through the steps of creating a task for a deal.
Creating a deal task
1. From the Deals page, click the deal to open it.
2. Click the "Add Deal Task" button located toward the bottom of that deal's page.
3. Type a title for the task into the space provided.
4. Use the fields below the description to choose a task type, date, time and duration.
Assigning a deal task
When creating a task, you have the option to assign it to another user.
To assign the task to another user during the task creation process, click the person icon and select the user who should be assigned the task.
Deal tasks can only be assigned to an account user that has permission to view the pipeline.
If you choose not to assign the task to another user, we will automatically assign the task to you.
Once the task is saved, an email notification will be sent to the user who was assigned the task.
If you do not select a user for task assignment, the task will be assigned to you by default.
Click here for more information on task assignment.
Adding an alert for a deal task
When creating a task, you can also create an alert, or reminder, for the upcoming task. Alerts are sent to the task assignee via email.
This step is optional; you are not required to set an alert when configuring a task.
To set an alert reminder for the task:
1. Click the bell icon.
2. A "Manage Alerts" window will pop up. Click "Add Alert."
3. Click the Alert Dropdown to select when the alert should be sent.
4. To adjust the timing of the alert, click into the box where the number is displayed and enter in a new number.
5. Click the "Save" button.
Trigger an automation when a task is added or when it's marked as complete
You can add the contact with the deal task to any active automation of your choice when the task is created, or when the task is marked as complete.
This step is optional; you are not required to trigger an automation when configuring a task.
To trigger an automation to run when a task is added or marked as complete, follow these steps:
1. Click the "Automate task" icon.
2. In the "Add to an automation" pop up, click the Automation dropdown to select the automation the contact should be added to.
3. Select if the contact should be added to the automation when the task is added, or when the task is marked as complete by clicking the appropriate radio button:
4. Click the "Save" button.
Finish configuring your task
Once you have configured your task, click the "Add" button to save it.
If you have assigned the task to another user, they will receive an email notification.
The task will be listed in the Deals Tasks box and will display who the task is assigned to: