If a contact does not receive an automation email, it’s important to first find out why. Reasons why a contact may not have received your email could be due to any of the following:
- The contact has not yet reached or skipped that send email action in your automation. Click here to learn how to view their automation path.
- The contact may have an unsubscribe status for your list(s).
- The email message was automatically filed to a different folder or tab (if it’s Gmail) after it was sent.
- The email went to SPAM.
- The contact’s email address contained a typo.
- The contact is in your exclusion list.
Diagnosing why an email wasn’t received should always be the first step to take when deciding to resend an email, otherwise the contact may not receive any other emails you send them. If everything looks correct on your end and you still can’t see why a contact did not receive your email, please submit a ticket to our Deliverability team and we can help you resolve the issue.
How to resend an automation email to a single contact
The most common way to resend an automation email to a single contact is to use a separate automation. This automation will not have a trigger and will only contain a single send email step. Then when you’re ready, you can manually add the contact to the new automation and they will be sent the email. However, while this may be the most common way to resend an email to a contact, it is not the only way. If you need further assistance or if you're not sure if this is the best method for you, please reach out to our support team.
Note: If a contact clicks unsubscribe for this email, they will be unsubscribed from all lists they are currently on. In addition, any actions that the contact takes with this email (ie, open, click) may not be considered in the original automation (Goals, If/Else branches, etc.)
To get started:
- Navigate to the Automations overview page.
- Click the “New Automation” button located on the top right of the application.
- Click “Start from Scratch.”
- Click “Continue.”
- Click “Start without a trigger.”
- Click “Send email.”
- Click “Create an email.”
- Type the name of the email into the field provided. The name will not be visible to the contact:
- Click “Create.”
- On the templates page, click “Past Campaigns” to use your automation email as a template:
- Locate the automation email you wish to resend.
- Hover your mouse over the email and click “Use This Design.”
- A Sender Details pop up will appear. Type the subject line into the subject line field:
- Click “Continue.”
- The campaign designer will load. Make any necessary modifications and click “Next”:
- Review the Campaign Summary page. When ready, click “Finish.”
- Click “Active” on the top right of the application to make your automation Active.
- Click “Contacts” on the top navigation to go to the Contacts overview page
- Locate the contact you wish to resend the email to and click their name:
- In the Info box, locate the section called “Automations” and click “Add”:
- In the “Add to an Automation” modal, check the box next to the automation you just created:
- Click “OK.”
The contact will be sent the email.