You can trigger an automation to run when a goal is "Achieved" or when it is "Skipped."
"Achieved" will include contacts who (1) jumped to your goal or (2) reached your goal organically and matched the goal conditions either immediately or after waiting.
"Skipped" includes contacts who reached the goal action and (1) continued to the next action in your automation despite not matching the goal conditions or (2) ended the automation due to not matching the goal conditions.
To trigger an automation to run when a goal is either achieved or skipped, follow these steps:
1. Click "Automations" located in the left side navigation menu.
2. Click the "New Automation" button.
3. Click the "Start from Scratch" option and click the "Continue" button.
4. Click the "Goal is achieved" trigger and click the "Continue" button.
5. Next, you will need to configure your trigger. Click the "Goal" dropdown to select the goal that should trigger this automation.
You can also type the name of the Goal in the Goal field. This is helpful if you have several goals, and do not see the desired one in the dropdown list.
6. Click the "Achieved" dropdown to select either "Achieved" or "Skipped."
7. Click the "Runs" dropdown to select "Runs once" or "Runs multiple times."
8. Click the "Segment" checkbox under the "Advanced" section in your trigger to narrow down which contacts enter the automation. This step is optional.
9. Click "Add Start."
The trigger is now added and you will be prompted to add actions to your automation.