Tasks are available on the following plans:
When a deal task is marked as complete, you can choose to automatically add the contact associated with that task to any active automation of your choice. You may want to do this if you wish to add a contact to an automation that will update their deal stage or send them through a series of follow up emails.
There are two ways to trigger an automation to run when a task is marked as complete:
In this article, we'll discuss both options.
"Add Task" automation action
This action will create a new deal task for a contact. With this action, you can choose the task type, due date, which deal the task will be added to, and more. In addition, you have the option to trigger any active automation to run when the task is created or when it is marked as complete. When a contact encounters this step in your automation, a new task will be created for their deal and they will be added to the selected automation when their task is created or marked as complete.
You may want to use this option if an automated series is dependent upon this task being marked as complete for your contacts.
To add and configure this action in your automation, follow these steps:
- From the Automation Overview page, click "Edit" for the automation you wish to work with.
- The automation workflow builder will open. Click the CRM option located in the Actions menu. This will be on the right hand side of the application.
- Click and drag the "Add Task" action and drop it to your desired location in the automation.
Complete the following information located in the "Add Task" modal:
- Task Name
- Task description
- Task Type (Call, Email, Lunch, Meeting)
- Set a due date
- Select which deal the task will be added to
- Select the pipeline that the deal is associated with. You can also choose "Any" pipeline if deals from more than one pipeline will be affected by this automation
- Click the "Trigger an automation with this task" checkbox
- Select which automation contacts will be added to when the task is created or marked as complete
- Select if contacts should be added to the automation if the task is created or marked as complete
- Click "Save."
Manually from a contact's deal page
When you manually create a task from a contact's deal page, you have the option to add the contact with the task to an automation as soon as the task is created or when it is marked as complete.
You may want to use this option if you wish to add contacts to an automation on a case-by-case basis.
- From the Deals page, click the deal you wish to create a task for.
- Click "Add Deal Task" located at the bottom of the application
Complete the information in "Add Deal Task" window:
- Deal Task name
- Select a task type
- Select a due date and time
- Select duration of the task
- Click the person icon to assign the task to a team member
- Click the bell icon to set an alert for the task
- Click the automate icon to add the contact to any active automation. You can choose to add the contact to the automation when the task is created or when it's marked as complete.
- Click "Add."
It is not possible to edit a task that exists in order to automate it. This option is only available when you create a new task.