Conversations is available on all plans levels and can be purchased as an add-on to your account.
If you’re the Primary Account Admin, you can add and remove seats for Conversations at any time during your billing cycle. In addition, you can grant which user in your account has Agent access to Conversations by assigning them a seat. Note that you can always change which user occupies a seat for this feature.
An agent is a user of the ActiveCampaign platform who has full access to Conversations. They can view, reply, and take actions based on Conversations. This role requires a purchased seat.
Seats in Conversations are assigned to Agents. Seats allow agents to send and reply to messages through the Conversations unified inbox. Seats can be assigned to any agent (or user) on your account at any time.
- Conversations is sold as an add-on to all ActiveCampaign customers regardless of plan tier.
- Only the Primary Account Admin can purchase and remove seats.
- Up to 20 seats can be purchased for this feature. If you would like to purchase more, please reach out to our Sales Team.
- Any user in the Admin group can assign and reassign seats to users.
Purchase and remove seats
Seats can be purchased and removed at any time by the Primary Account Admin. The amount you are charged for Conversations depends on how many seats you buy. Because this feature is sold as a separate add-on to your ActiveCampaign account, you will be billed separately for this feature and your current ActiveCampaign payment method will be charged upon purchase. We will then charge your current payment method either monthly or yearly, matching your current billing cycle. There is no yearly discount for Conversations.
If this is the first time you are purchasing seats for Conversations, you'll be redirected to the purchase page by clicking "Buy now" from the Start Trial page. If you're already in a trial or if your trial has finished, you'll see a "Purchase" button on the Unified Inbox and Settings pages. Clicking the "Purchase" button will take you to the purchase page where you can buy seats.
- Click “Settings” then click “Conversations” in the left menu.
- Click the “Manage Seats” tab.
- Use the sliding scale to determine how many seats you would like to purchase. We’ll show you the total cost per month based on your selection.
- Click the “Update” button.
- A modal window will open and display the total cost per month. Click the “Confirm seat purchase” button.
We will charge your current payment method the amount shown in the modal window. Note that if you purchase seats part way through the month, you’ll be charged a prorated fee for the rest of that month. You’ll then be charged the regular fee for each subsequent month that Conversations is activated in your account.
Only empty seats can be removed from your plan. This means that if a seat is assigned to a user, it cannot be removed. You may need to adjust the Agent role in order to remove the seat.
- From the “Manage Seats” page, use the sliding scale to determine how many seats you would like to have.
- Click the “Update” button.
- A modal window will display your new pricing. To confirm the number of seats, click the “Confirm seat purchase” button.
Manage seat permissions
You can assign permission to access Conversations to any user in your account by making them an Agent. When a user is assigned Agent access, they will occupy a purchased seat and can reply to leads and customers through the unified inbox. You can change which user has agent access at any time.
To assign Agent access to a user, click “Settings” then click “Conversations” in the left menu. Next, click the “Roles” tab.
All users in your account will be listed on the Roles page. Here you will see which user group they are assigned to and three levels of access that you can assign each user.
The three levels of access are:
- No access
The user cannot access anything related to Conversations.
Can only view interactions in the Conversations unified inbox. They cannot take any action based on Conversations, including marketing conversations as complete. In addition, they will not have access to view or take any actions on Conversations from the mobile app.
Full access to Conversations. They can view, reply, and take actions based on Conversations. This role requires a purchased seat.
To assign a role to a user, click the appropriate radio button. You can always remove Agent access from a user by clicking either the “No Access” or “Viewer” radio button, then assigning that Agent role to a different user in your account.