Conversations is available on all plans levels and can be purchased as an add-on to your account.
In this article, we'll share troubleshooting tips for issues that may arise when using Conversations.
I don't see Conversations in my account
If you don't see Conversations in your account, then you may not have been granted access to it. Only the Primary Account Admin can grant agent access to Conversations.
The chat widget isn't showing on my page
If the chat widget isn't showing on your webpage, check the following:
- Is the main Conversations toggle set to “On” in Settings > Conversations?
- Is the Visibility toggle “On” in Settings > Conversations?
- Is your domain whitelisted? Check by going to Settings > Tracking.
- Is the code on the page in the head or footer?
- Is the code only on the page once? If the code is on the page twice it can cause problems.
- Is the old tracking code still on the page? If so, that must be removed.
I'm not receiving desktop notifications
You must have the Conversations Inbox open in one of the tabs of your browser for the notifications to trigger.
If that tab is open and you are still not getting notifications, check the following:
- Ensure the “Desktop Notifications” toggle is “on” in Settings > Conversations.
- Seeing the yellow banner at the top of the page? Click “Enable desktop notifications” and then click “Allow” when prompted by your browser.
- If you have followed both steps above, you will need to go to Site Settings in your browser and check that notifications have been enabled for your account's domain. The steps for that will vary based on your browser so you will need to search their help documentation.
I’m not receiving an auto-reply to my test message
If you're not receiving an auto-reply message when testing the chat widget, check the following:
- Is the Auto-Reply Message toggle “on” in Settings > Conversations > Message?
- Test in a fresh browser window by using an incognito/private browser window, then send a new chat message.
I’m missing messages because I’m not online
Learn more about the Conversations mobile app.
You can also use the auto-reply message and include the email capture form to ask for an email address so you can reply at any time.