Also available as an add-on for the following plans:
Marketing Lite, Plus, Professional
Sales Plus and Professional
You can create custom reports with charts in your ActiveCampaign account. These reports can help you analyze information and answer specific questions you and your team may have around data or certain activities. When you create a custom report, you can save it to your account so you can access it at any time.
In this article, we'll show you how to create a custom report that shows you the number of contacts added to your account over time.
Before we get started, here are some terms you'll need to become familiar with as you create your own custom reports:
Dimensions describe data in your account. For example, contact name, contact ID, or city.
Measures are aggregate numbers.
A collection of data elements.
Each report you create and save is called a Look.
Access the custom reporting tool
The custom reporting tool is located on the Reports section of your account. This is listed in addition to your standard reports.
To access the reporting tool, click "Reports" in the left menu. Then click "Custom Reports."
Create the Contacts Added Over Time custom report
Click "Contacts" located under Explore. This will expand the "Contacts" view.
- Next, you'll need to add a time dimension to the report. To do so, click "Date Created" to uncover the dropdown options and then click "Month."
- Next, you'll need to add report measures. To do so, in the "Contacts" section, scroll down, then click "Count" located under Measures.
Click the "Run" button located at the top to run the report.
The data will be rendered in a table format.
Add a chart to the report
Once you run the report, you can add a chart to it to provide a visual representation of the data. To do so, click the "Visualization" header. Then click the Line Chart option to see the number of contacts added to your account, month by month.
You can improve upon this report and see how many contacts were added over time by country. To do so, hover your mouse over the "Country" field under Contacts > Dimensions, then click the "Pivot" symbol .
Next, click the "Run" button.
The chart will display number of contacts added to your account by country.
Save and access the report
Once you create your custom report and add your chart, you can save the report in your account so you can pull it up later. To do so, you'll need to save this report as a "Look."
- Click the gear icon located next to the "Run" button.
Hover over the "Save" option, then click "As a Look..."
- In the "Title" field, type a descriptive title. For example, you can type "Contacts added over time."
- Choose a folder to save the look. "My folder" is personal and only viewable by the user who is logged in. The "Group" folder is shared and viewable by any user with Custom Reporting permissions while.
- Click "Save."
The report will be located in the Custom Report menu in the folder you saved it in. To access it, click the file icon located next to the gear icon in the report, select the Folder, and then select the look you wish to view.